PDA

View Full Version : CAGIVA project update-Its a rockin ROLLER

Orangecnty250r
06-14-2009, 08:43 AM
The 2 week deadline worked great for my motivation. Thanks Raffa !!Got it a roller and started a cagiva webpage!!! Check it out link below

Cagiva
History- A few years ago I received a tip about a cagiva “Tricky Dicks” subframe, front wheel and hub, seat and a few other miscellaneous parts one state over from me. The sub-frame and fenders were painted white. Upon contacting seller to inquire if he had any other parts for sale he typed back “ none other than my complete cagiva 3 wheeler” :eek: :eek: Well I logged on to 3www to research Cagivas and hit the search feature…..low and behold I found an old post about a cagiva on ebay in texas with a picture….As I looked at the picture I saw that the parts in the background was the white cagiva parts I was bidding on ebay in PA. With it I found the picture of what I assumed was the complete cagiva he had mentioned…. well with those kinds of words and that detective work I bid and won the kit won it. I then emailed him that I would like to drive to pick it up “lets exchange phone numbers” . When we chatted not only did he buy and drive to Texas for the Cagiva lot in texas he also collected tiger parts and he had a complete super 4… …..all in one place!!!!!!! …I later learned it was the one posted on the 3 www tiger super 4 picture page that I had been drooling over for months. He was also the one that bought some tiger projects out of Long Island I missed out on and I never knew where they went. I did a complete buyout and the journey began. I took on the super 4 first but slowly over the past 2.5 years I have collected parts and refinished items along the way for the Cagiva….alot has been done along the way and although not done its really really close…enjoy

Whats been done and parts found 2.5 years
Frame blasted and refinished
Swing-arm blasted and refinished
Forks disassembled and refinished
Swingarm and carrier refinished
Axle zinc plated
NOS old school sprocket
NOS rear disc
NOS very Rare Carlisle Amerathons as pictured in the Cagiva ads
New rear wheels
Front wheel polished
Seat pan repair and Factory green hi flite “tricky dicks” seat cover remade
NOS OEM front number plate with decal applied
NOS OEM right shroud
Polished OEM left shroud
New 250r front fender (standard on cagiva 3 wheelers)
Reproduction decals
Answer handle bars refinished with answer decal
Tripples polished
Bolts replaced
Motor cases and side covers refinished
Refinished and polished rear shock
Low hr radiator and painted
Low hr ding free expansion chamber
Refinished rear hubs
Salvaged and reapplied original Cagiva head tube frame decal
Refinished foot peg
Polished fuel tank and touched up tank badges
NOS Cagiva front caliper cover
NOS cagiva cylinder
Probably more

What has to be done and found
Find last few motor parts and complete assembly
Cagiva orange rear fender maier produced (as original cagivas had maier tecate rears) add cagiva badge to rear fender
Replace front fender during orange remake
Silver front and rear fender decals reproduced
Locate OEM cagiva chain slider
Locate Cagiva radiator guards/screens
Locate “Cagiva branded” swingarm bolt caps
Locate replacement rear silencer
Install motor and chain-done

Check out he pics here

http://tigerrotax.googlepages.com/cagivathreewheeler

Bryan Raffa
06-14-2009, 08:55 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Simply amazeing... I wanna see it run in another two weeks..:D

who did the shrouds and tank? you? what did they wack you for the seat cover?

on a side note I got some pics of 88turbo on the ice with the tiger .. if you want...

Orangecnty250r
06-14-2009, 09:03 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Simply amazeing... I wanna see it run in another two weeks..:D

who did the shrouds and tank? you? what did they wack you for the seat cover?

I did the polishing, I think the seat cover was in the 160-170 range and I had to provide the green vinyl. Please forgive the typos on the cagiva webpage, I was rushing to get it up...i'll fix them and add more.

Bryan Raffa
06-14-2009, 09:07 AM
I gotta say your one of best restorers there is...;) dont worrie about typo's .. the pictures draw your attention:D

dirtface
06-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Simply a great restore, that has to be my favorite 3-wheeler of all time. OC maybe I missed it on the website, but how many of those do exist?

Macs
06-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks for putting togther that page. I learned quite a bit reading it and got some more info for my rebuild. Keep up the good work OC

Macs
06-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Dang OC, i cant stop looking at the page. I called my wife in here to look at your build, thinking that hopefully she will start liking are new addition. I said " Honey, check this out. this is the one OC is building. I want mine to look like that" She Said" Yeah, right". Maybe she will come around.

dcreel
06-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Wow!! Just wow!! Perfect as usual.

HondaHarry
06-14-2009, 02:41 PM
Kewl! Very Nice. Im not holding my breath, but man I NEED one! But I like having my hair because if I had one I would have pulled it all out by now. :) HH

NewfieBish
06-14-2009, 04:31 PM
thats awesome man, hat's off to ya. good luck finishing it and keep us updated!!

Tri-ZNate
06-14-2009, 06:13 PM
I wanna ride it shens

Awesome job thus far. I forgot that they used that much green. Good luck finding the motor parts

beets442
06-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Excellent job!!! Cool pics of them racing. If I see any parts I'll be sure to let you know. Beets

Shawn72
06-14-2009, 07:29 PM
gorgeous OC!!!!!!!!!!!

brapp
06-14-2009, 11:04 PM
these cagivas ar ekillign me i had an old cagiva 250 back about 8 years ago and man i am really kickign myself for runnign it hard and sendign it down the roa dbecause it was pretty presentable!

3some
06-15-2009, 12:26 AM
And you pull me deeper and deeper into the trike obsession......

petesatc
06-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Man that looks sweet Bill another top restro from the OC.......

TrickyDickII
06-19-2009, 02:48 AM
Very impressive restoration OC! Seeing a shiny Cagiva takes me back.

the tecate kid
06-19-2009, 06:55 AM
I have always loved these bikes. I remember racing at the Cincinnati Gardens indoor back in Feb. of 1986 on a Quadracer and seeing a bunch of them. Where did they all go? Even in the mags you always saw pictures of them at almost every race. I believe that is how Rodney Gentry, formerly of Team Honda got his start down in Florida on one. There has to be a lot of them left.

Bryan Raffa
10-04-2009, 09:28 PM
OK... OC your personal Motavator.. is Back.. lets Kick things up a notch!:lol: Minga...:lol:

Bryan Raffa
12-24-2009, 11:02 AM
For Heaven's sake,,, its Christmas eve.... We wanna see "RED and GREEN!!!!!!!"

MudBug
12-24-2009, 12:48 PM
im with Raffa!

Orangecnty250r
12-24-2009, 04:32 PM
For Heaven's sake,,, its Christmas eve.... We wanna see "RED and GREEN!!!!!!!"

All I seem to be seeing is Orange and White :twisted::naughty:

dcreel
12-24-2009, 05:45 PM
If you are saying what I think you are saying.. congratulations.. When are we going to hear more?

Bryan Raffa
12-24-2009, 11:35 PM
oh boy....spill the beans.... my last post before was in oct! :wondering thats Holloween colors...:drool:

Eric250R
05-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Getting close to that deadline......lol