PDA

View Full Version : More 200x questions

joshco84
06-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Ok guys. I am going to fix up the 84 200x i have and i have some questions.

What all can you do performance wise with them??? I would really like to build a mean x, but try to keep it on a budget if possible. It came with cobra exhaust on it, and it runs pretty good, but of course i want more.

My eventual goal is new plastic (all white), blue seat, and probably white tank with blue decals. I also want a longer swinger and wider axles.

So i would have a nice looking trike, but i need the go to match the show on it.

Also what is available as far as swingers and axles? I havent found a good atv website as far as parts are concerned.

Thanks guys, im sure there will be a lot more to come!!

joshco84
06-06-2009, 08:42 AM
o and what size rear tires are you guys running. I am thinking the 22's on mine are too big and tippy, thinking about going to some 18 or 20.

coldfuzion76
06-06-2009, 10:04 AM
I dropped down to a 20 in on the rear and made a big difference. Mine already had a wider Durablue axle on the rear, but I've read you can get the same effect by using the rear hubs from a 300 or 400ex. That combo right there really changes the way the trike handles. Nowhere near as tippy, and easier to slide around.

Engine wise, there's a few companies such as powroll and webcam that still make some parts for it. I'm going the cheap and dirty way, by switching out the motor from an XR200. The bike version had higher compression, slightly bigger bore, bigger carb, better cam, and a 6 speed transmission. I'm going to pick up the bike later, so hang on and I'll keep you updated on the changes needed to make it work in the trike.

:welcome: to the board! I've not been on here long myself, but it really has been an amazing resource, and the 200x is one of the most popular on here!

rdlsz24
06-06-2009, 11:28 AM
Click the 200x link in my sig to see mine with lower profile tires. I think it gives it a better look. It has rear rims/tires from a z400 and a front tire from a Suzuki Ozark on the stock front rim.

Rob

Dirtcrasher
06-06-2009, 12:20 PM
JENN posted up a Westcoast swinger for that year in classifieds today. NOT easy to find....... but NICE to have :D