PDA

View Full Version : I need some 200X help.

rich250rracer
06-03-2009, 12:35 AM
I have a very nice, low hour 200X in my shop that came in for some TLC, mainly get it running again and make sure everything works. It's been sitting for over 20years and still rolling on the original tires, with very little wear.

I have two questions. First, I can't find any specs as to what compression should be. None of my books are giving me a spec as to what this thing should read on the comp tester.

Second, I'm rebuilding the calipers and the front went just fine, but I may have run into an issue on the rear. The post on the piston for the E-brake, should there be just an O-ring? I see the O-ring, which appears to be in good shape, but there is also a small, black, steel sleeve still on the post. It looks to be the remains of a seal, and I see some black residue inside the caliper where the post passes through. Could this be the rest of a seal? I've checked the microfiche, but I don't see anything on there except the O-ring. Thanks for your help.

Brad200X
06-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Compression should be 164psi warm. Check out the world class help section... There is a thread with Honda shop manuals that you can download, or just search for a member named "dammit!" He has manuals in his sig.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't realize that you didn't say what year the X is. That compression number is for the '83-'85 200X.

Erics350x
06-03-2009, 08:35 AM
There should be a o-ring on the stem and a seal/o-ring in a groove where the piston sits

rich250rracer
06-03-2009, 06:44 PM
There should be a o-ring on the stem and a seal/o-ring in a groove where the piston sits

I've got both seals and the o-ring, but what is this little sleeve that's on the e-brake post? This trike has NEVER been tampered with, and I'm baffled as to what this thing is.

coldfuzion76
06-03-2009, 07:55 PM
In all sincerity, I would just replace the caliper. If you don't need the park brake, use the FRONT caliper from a CR80. All you have to change is the mounting bracket. If you do want the park brake, steal one from the back of a warrior, or even a raptor. Again, just change the mounting brackets.