PDA

View Full Version : Is this 350X stator rigged?

Hoosier_Daddy
06-01-2009, 08:34 PM
I bought a different stator off a board member because this one has a wire that needs soldered and i didn't know where it goes. The trike ran great with the stator in this condition but there was no light bulbs so I don't know if the lights and stuff would work or not.

From all the pictures I've looked at and after looking at the stator I just bought, this one is very different in the way the copper is wound. If this is rigged, then I'm amazed it still worked at all. Or, is this some sort of aftermarket part?

Dirtcrasher
06-01-2009, 10:26 PM
There is an 85 stator and an 86 stator.........

Each year stator must use that years flywheel. Good luck :lol:

Should have fixed yours...... Piece of cake :D

Hoosier_Daddy
06-01-2009, 10:30 PM
There is an 85 stator and an 86 stator.........

Each year stator must use that years flywheel. Good luck :lol:

Should have fixed yours...... Piece of cake :DIf I knew where the wire went I would fix it. Besides, you're one of the 350X guys that have the knowledge:naughty: , so how do i tell which is which?

Erics350x
06-01-2009, 10:41 PM
The one i sent you, im pretty sure was a 85. So, thats a 86. Just pay shipping and i'll send you the flywheel to go with it. Sorry, i didn't even think to ask what year.

Hoosier_Daddy
06-01-2009, 10:54 PM
The one i sent you, im pretty sure was a 85. So, thats a 86. Just pay shipping and i'll send you the flywheel to go with it. Sorry, i didn't even think to ask what year.

I never thought to ask because i didn't know there was a difference between the two years. I started this thread because I was curious that all the stators on ebay are listed as 85/86 and they all look like the one you sent so I was just wondering what the heck was wrong with mine. lol

aaron7
06-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Yes, it's rigged, it's gonna blooooooooooooooow!

:p