PDA

View Full Version : Just picked this up

oldtime3wheeler
05-29-2009, 04:06 PM
I found this today when I was out and about. I never knew that Hondaline put these out. Its the grill to protect the lenses on the 350x headlight. Never knew you could buy them seperate. Still in the package with the four mounting screws.
Package says it was manufactured in 1984.
Sorry the pics suck.

the great gazoo
05-29-2009, 04:15 PM
Pretty cool Tom. Where'd you find it? I always thought the 350X H/L guards were one piece?

oldtime3wheeler
05-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Yeah I always thought they were one piece too. I wonder how rare it is? Thought it was a cool piece, even though I have no use for it. Was surprised it was still in the package after all these years.

harryredtrike
05-29-2009, 04:34 PM
nice find,love to find stuff like that.even better when they dont know what it is

Dirtcrasher
05-29-2009, 09:05 PM
The deal was that they sold you the Hondaline guard itself, then the headlight grill cover was another product and attached with a couple of screws.

Other model aftermarket guards may have been one piece which should be a bit stronger. But, people who collect don't care about strong, they care about RARE. We who ride, care about strong :D

Back then, you'd be an idiot NOT to buy one :lol:

I bet the guard was about 30$ and another 10$ for the grill (if I had to guess) and if you bought a chitload of them, you'd be making allot of cash now!!

R-N-D
05-30-2009, 12:21 AM
Here is a picture of mine. I picked this up a few months ago for my 350X.

oldtime3wheeler
05-30-2009, 07:58 AM
I never saw the chrome with red. I have seen the open guards before, just never looked to see if they had mounting holes in the back. Thanks for the pick R-N-D.

Orangecnty250r
05-30-2009, 08:45 AM
The made both the 2 piece and one piece. There are plenty of them out there . I was told the earlier versions were the two piece and because the screws rattled out hondalines later versions were the solid one piece. I'd have to go back to the 85 /86 hondaline brochures. And yes collectors do care more about the being real and not so much as strong :lol: