PDA

View Full Version : 250R Home Again.

Weasels Dad
05-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Hey everyone, I have looked through a hundred or so pages here and thought it was time to post something of my own. My brother and I have just got back into ATC'S over the last couple of years. Back in 1982 Dad brought home a brand new Honda 185 S. We have a picture of that nite I will try to dig up. That baby had the plastic still on the seat from the factory and we thought we had reached heaven. GOOD TIMES! We had it for years and I am sure we only changed the oil and repaired the pull rope. When we sold it it had its original front tire with 21 plugs. For the next several years I can remember Dad going with freinds rideing and they all had 200X's with shocks and the meaner look to them. In 84 Dad stepped us up a notch and purchased a brand spankin new 250R. His friends now had nothing on him, that thing smoked everything in our neck of the woods. We later switched to dirt bikes and sold the 250R to a freind. After years of not owning anything to ride we got the itch. I had heard that an old freind of mine had bought our 250R from a freind who had bought it from the freind we had originally sold it to. I put in a call to him and said his shed had fell on it and he sold it to a guy who repaired his shed. I got a hold of this guy and he still had it and I was more than welcome to come take a look at it and that he would let it go for the rite price. So I set a time up and went to meet him. I had no idea what this thing was going to look like after going through 4 people after. I met the guy and he took me in his garage and there she was. The first picture i have posted was taken the day I met him at his place. I just couldn't beleive how well the thing looked. It started the second kick and i took it for a spin. I had not had that much fun in years guys, I almost had a tear in my eye. We agreed on a price. $800 and I said i could bring cash the next day. I sent my brother the pics I had taken and told him the story and he was as amazed as I was. I mean this last guy to own it had it looking great. We put some better plastic on it and new tires and that is it. Dad has rode it some but I think his 250R days are past him. As far as my brother and I go, we may just be getting started. We have added a 85 and 86 250R to our collection as well as a 185s and a ATC70. I will talk about those sometime soon. Thanks for checking this out and sorry for the spelling errors. Until later take care.

rdlsz24
05-22-2009, 02:44 PM
Welcome and cool story. It looks pretty good for having had a shed fall on it :lol: One of the nicer 2nd gens I have seen.

Rob

SYKO
05-22-2009, 03:25 PM
GREAT STORY! welcome to the site! trike looks great!

tecat-z
05-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Congrats on tracking that machine back down. Looks great too...

harryredtrike
05-22-2009, 04:42 PM
great news getting your old trike back.looks sweet too.welcome to 3ww:welcome:

Weasels Dad
05-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys. My little girl and I had the 70 out last nite in a little mud. The best thing is, she loves to wash them down with the garden hose when we get back. I love checking out all the pics, new or old.