PDA

View Full Version : Auto clutch?

Twizted
05-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Hello, I just joined 3WW, and glad to be a part of this great forum. so to my question...I have a 84 Honda 200s that I owned now 4 yrs. It sat for 2 years, so this year I got it running again (one pull fired right up with new gas , plug and a good cleaning of the carb) My intake boot was leaking so the idle was all out of wack so I just replaced the O ring in the intake and the carb and now it runs like a champ. My only problem I'm having is the auto clutch is adjusted too much and it's like having cruise control...lol. so I read other post and they all say how to adjust it to you feel resistance and back it off a half turn and tighten the nut back up, but I'm a noob and not really sure of myself...how do I adjust it to back off the clutch I tried with it in gear and not running but it doesn't seem to do anything when I back the screw off and when I shift into 4th and get on the throttle hard it seems to slip, is this a sign of a worn out clutch or lack of adjustment? any help would be great, Thanks guys! :D

Vealmonkey
05-20-2009, 08:49 PM
On a 200s you actually have 2 sets of clutches. You have the normal engine clutch basket and you have what is called a centrifugal clutch. Either of those could be worn out and slipping or you may not have your normal clutch pack adjusted right. It's sort of hard to say without having the trike at hands length to see what you are doing. Welcome to the boards. Use your search feature towards the top of the page and do some looking on here and you will find lots of good info. Keep us posted as to what you are doing and don't forget to post pics of your trike.

MonroeMike
05-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Welcome to the board.

From the manual - Loosen the locknut, turn the adjusting screw counterclockwise until resistance is felt. Then turn the adjusting screw clockwise 1/4 turn and tighten the locknut.

Grab the manual, it will show you the clutches Vealmonkey descibed.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=56218

Twizted
05-20-2009, 09:26 PM
boy oh boy I see what's wrong...lmao! thanks for the reply. I just realized I was going CW thinking it was adjusting it and really I should be going CCW. stupid me. sorry to ask a question that's been asked a 1k times I didn't read them close enough.

MonroeMike
05-20-2009, 11:01 PM
No problem. It was kinda hard to tell which way you were turning it, by your post.

leokendall
05-21-2009, 10:35 AM
if your idol is to high she will catch to.

Twizted
05-21-2009, 11:20 AM
thanks for the responses guys! I'm going to adjust the clutch after I get off work and I'll let ya's know what up with it...and I'll get a pic of my trike up, nothing fancy but the motor is fresh and I'm going to start on restoring it.