PDA

View Full Version : friends mint 250SX

TheFamer
05-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Hey Everyone!!

Its been awhile since i was on 3WW. anyways a friend of a friend has sub contracted me out to rebuild some carbs for him. i was like "sure, why not" i am no master tuner, but i have rebuilt over 6 carbs and the bikes ran great. him on the other hand has never opened one up.

so i went to his house, saw his new bikes he picked up from here and there. took off a carb from some Suzuki RV125 i think, then he said "hey i got this 250sx it needs the carb done" i said "WHAT WHERE IS IT!!!" we drove down the street to his buddys house. and to my amazement he took the car cover off the trike and my jaw dropped!!!!!

mint!!!! 85 250SX!!!!!!! i about crapped myself. once i got over that i started looking hard at it!!! its clean, no dents in tank, no cracks in plastic, small scuff in seat, front tire still has the nubs on it!

he said he traded some stuff to his dad for it. his dad is the original owner, been storing it for over 7 years. never really rode any off his property!!

i asked "so if you sell it, your selling it me right?" he laughed and said "everyone says that, why do so many people want this" i said "because its the best utility trike ever made" anyways i just got a carb rebuild kit from ebay on the way.

anything ideas on things to check? valve lash specs anyone?? carb air/fuel screw setting? any thing else? what would you pay for it?

i will try to get pictures for everyone. its a beauty of a machine!

Macs
05-20-2009, 11:39 AM
It is hard to say without pictures. Mint seems to be a very loose term now days.

MonroeMike
05-20-2009, 11:55 AM
The manual will have the specs, check here for it.

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=56218

TheFamer
05-20-2009, 04:15 PM
MonroeMike thanks for the link for the manual this will help!!

Barry man, if the word mint is over used then i would give this trike a rating of 8.5 out of 10. it does have small issues, so i couldnt give it a 10.

it still has the original tool kit, original air filter and front tire.

estranged
05-21-2009, 12:41 AM
sounds like real nice 3 wheeler,, i just bought a 85 250sx my self,, i always wanted one,, and finally 18 years later i got one, :)

it too has original front tire with nubs still on it, and original tool kit and filter,,
plastics in great shape,, no fading or cracking at all,, but tank has some dings,,it runs real nice,, just got back from first real ride for more than 15-20 mins,, i am hooked,, :)

it seems trikes go for a bit more up here in canada, than in states,,
i paid 1300 for mine,, but they sell here for usually anywhere around 1500,

sorry can't help you in what you would pay for it,, but i am definitely happy with my purchase,,and i would pay like 1000 american for it in a heartbeat,,