PDA

View Full Version : Anybody try or use bar bags?

Brad200X
05-20-2009, 01:52 AM
I've been thinking about buying one for my R for trikefest, as I have no tool box, and was wondering what your guys' thoughts of them were. Thanks.

Vealmonkey
05-20-2009, 02:05 AM
I don't think they would work well on a trike. It's not like you are riding out in the middle of nowhere and I'm sure plenty of people would be willing to help you if you had a mechanical. You are better off with an old plastic tackle box for tools than a bar bag. In a bar bag, whatever you carry will be banging and clunking around with you wherever you may go. I guess it's really a matter of personal choice.

maggiesboy
05-20-2009, 02:10 AM
I have a bar bag for my SX. It does bounce around a bit, but it is nice to have the extra storage.

Brad200X
05-20-2009, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the advice all... Didn't consider that it would bounce around. I would really only use it to store the essential tools, and my wallet and phone, as the one I'm looking at is the wrap around style with two pockets.

Twilight
05-20-2009, 03:03 AM
had one on my 250r, was great, used some bungees hung on the bottom to stabilize it

harryredtrike
05-20-2009, 09:16 AM
i use a piece of pvc pipe one side with glued end cap the other with a screw cap.you drill a hole through the side of the pipe and mount anywhere you want.works like a champ.

Hair Bear Bunch
05-20-2009, 02:12 PM
I use an Oxford tankbag. Good for phone, keys, food ect, clear map pocket on top and when I rolled it on Sunday in a lake of clay slurry the contents were absolutely clean and dry, and it stayed attached just with the magnets!

Brad200X
05-20-2009, 03:14 PM
I use an Oxford tankbag. Good for phone, keys, food ect, clear map pocket on top and when I rolled it on Sunday in a lake of clay slurry the contents were absolutely clean and dry, and it stayed attached just with the magnets!

I was looking at those a little too. How obtrusive is it?

Brad200X
05-20-2009, 03:17 PM
i use a piece of pvc pipe one side with glued end cap the other with a screw cap.you drill a hole through the side of the pipe and mount anywhere you want.works like a champ.

That sounds like a good alternative as well. I'd be afraid that I'd lose it though.

Hair Bear Bunch
05-20-2009, 03:46 PM
I was looking at those a little too. How obtrusive is it?

It works well for me and I don't really notice it there but I'm normally only pottering around, not racing about doing jumps ect.. It doesn't seem to get in the way of the bars ar anything like that.
It has 3 magnets in each side flap that stick to the tank like s++t to a blanket, but it can also be straped in place as well. It's got a handle on the end so you can just lift it off to carry around.