PDA

View Full Version : Atc 250sx question??

shadix518
05-15-2009, 10:21 PM
ok i have a 85 atc 250sx thats awsome its my first bike but i would like to do some things to it. so my question is i would like to pu an actual swing arm on this thing but dont know if its possible id like to make it look like the 250r any advise on what i need to do to swap the front and rear to mabe a 250r?

Yamaha_Rules69
05-15-2009, 10:29 PM
My advice is if you want it to look like a 250R, Buy a 250R. The 250sx will never be a 250R. Im not trying to shoot you down or anything. The rear end on the SX is shaft driven, and theres no way you are going to put a different swingarm on it. You would end up hacking the frame, and the motor would be useless also, because it drives the shaft. As far as the front end goes, I have seen people mount a 200x front end on, with not too much work that I am aware of. Stick with what it is as far as the rear end goes. Good luck, and have fun with your first three wheeler!!

fabiodriven
05-15-2009, 10:44 PM
^He's right^, don't try to make the SX something it's not. The front swap from the 200X is realitively easy, but you'll never be able to do anything different with that swingarm.

Maybe if you got the front 200X swap and some nice sporty tires and wheels for the rear it would look more like you want. You could also put an aftermarket muffler on it, that would sport it up a bit too.

Name Brand
05-16-2009, 01:57 AM
The only swingarm swap I've seen, :D , is to use the TRX250 setup. It's nearly the same setup as the SX. The two big differences, the swingarm is three inches longer and the gearing is lower. It's mostly bolt in, but you will have to fabricate a way to mount the bottom end of the shock. With 25 inch tires your final gearing is close to stock. With 21's it will lose a whole lot of top end speed, but will climb up hills with lots of power. Mine did great climbing up the jumps at a motorcross track, but my friends would lose me on flat terrain. If you're curios, check the link in my signature below.

However; if you're wanting lots of go-fast and lots of suspension travel then you should consider getting an R. Lots of things can be done with an R and you obviously like them already...