PDA

View Full Version : 225dr exhaust? and other prob.

3podd
05-15-2009, 08:30 PM
Just a few Questions i had about my YTM 225DR: My head pipe had some tard weld on it where the flange goes so..trashed that and bought a stock system off Ebay no baffle , (waiting for it to arrive) and was wondering what kind of muffler to get or if that is not an option im on a TGHT budget so money is a prob. Could i find one off an old cycle or just save up for a new one?? Also what are good grips to use? i am currently using " rusty chrome" grips so anything will be better. I also have oil leaking from the clutch cover witch assuming the same TARD put JB weld on it so i dont know where its leaking its confined to the area on the bottom of the cover bye the foot brake lever. would it b too much work to take that case aprt and fix the right way??? what does that entail?? any help would be nice i have the Yamaha dealer site for parts break-down but....personal experience is always best.
thanks alot this site is awesome!!!!!

MonroeMike
05-15-2009, 08:49 PM
The clutch cover is easy to remove, follow the manual.

3podd
05-21-2009, 05:07 PM
well i took a gamble found a head pipe from a YTM-200 baught for 30 bucks and it doesnt fit! BUMMER!! anyways any one wanna buy a stock exhaust for a YTM-200. and Is anyone selling exhaust for a YTM 225dr?

MonroeMike
05-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Different pipe. Ask next time or do a search. Post that pipe for sale/trade over in the classifieds, you'll get more views.

3podd
05-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Okie dokie- well me brother bought me a DG exhaust system (awesome brother!!) and we ran into a problem- the exhaust flange from old exhaust is still in the head:wondering we were wondering if we heated it up a hit with a chisel if it would break it free or would that cause other prolems. warping, burning gaskets, explosion??! and does the exhaust fit tight into the head? or does it slip on and use the gasket for sealing? comments? suggestions?
thanks much

BTW my brother will be buying an 83 250r this weekend he liked the YTM225 for 5 mins sooo much hahaha!

MonroeMike
05-28-2009, 07:54 PM
I've had the copper gasket get stuck in there. I just popped it out with a screwdriver.