PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Z 250 kick start gear help.

jr_racing
05-15-2009, 11:01 AM
I have followed my manual on how to replace the kick start gear. I know that it is correctly installed, and have double checked it.

But it seems to be froze up. This atv was purchased, and it had sat for 2-3 years. It is the Frankien-Z. So if you know of this trike, it ran great when LTZ parked it.

I am thinking it needs to be pulled off first. Then it will be able to consistanly start.

Anyway, is there any other opinions on what I could do?

Thanks,
jr

ATC-Eric
05-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Well, if its frozen, then somethings either caught in the gears around the clutch assembly, or its not installed correctly.

Did you double check to see that the kick clip, and the spring is correctly placed?

Did you install a brand new kicker cover gasket?

jr_racing
05-15-2009, 11:22 AM
I thought that too. But when I replaced the clutch cover I touched the gear that rides on the shaft through the kicker cover, and it moves. No hang ups.

The kick clip was inserted into the correct grove. I assume you are talking about the larger spring that goes back into the hole. And yes sir.......it is back.

The gasket was replaced too.

It is just odd. But I want to get it going today.

ceaserthethird
05-15-2009, 11:58 AM
Could it be ~ Piston Stuck to the Cylinder Add some Oil threw the Spark Plug hole!

jr_racing
05-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Could it be ~ Piston Stuck to the Cylinder Add some Oil threw the Spark Plug hole!

That is what I am thinking from it sitting up that long.

Thanks,
jr

Bryan Raffa
05-16-2009, 07:48 AM
that kick start gasket is a must,,FYI it will bind without,, sounds like somethig else.. take the plug out and put it in gear and push it .. see if the motor turns..

jr_racing
05-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Thanks for all the help!

IT'S ALIVE.............IT'S ALIVE.....................THE FRANKEIN-Z IS ALIVE!!