PDA

View Full Version : got my manco going!sweet!

aldochina
05-09-2009, 02:28 AM
well after some dicking around trying to find the drive sprocket for this, i got her fired up! I changed the oil, and flushed the tank, new fuel filter, and plug. tried to start it, but it wasnt getting fuel through the carb, so i pulled it, tore it apart, it was a mess, put it back in , and after a few adjustments, she seems to be running pretty good. I got a 10 tooth sprocket, but should have got a 9 because the chain is EXTREMELY tight. so i only rode it a bit, but it seems like fun. gas cap seemed to leak a bit. lots of vibration at full throttle. brakes work awsome. I got a 9 tooth on the way, and i also have some extra chain and masters, so either way ill get it straightened out. I will post back with a better ride report. I also have some good info on these in pdf that I was able to dig up if anyone is interestd.
http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv103/aldochina/100_2056.jpg

harryredtrike
05-09-2009, 08:42 AM
resist the urge to ride it until the chain problem is addressed.

the tecate kid
05-09-2009, 08:54 AM
That thing is sweet. They used to sell them at our local Sears store in the mall. As a kid I remember begging my dad for one of those. I got a XR 80 instead, he said the 3 wheeler would be no different than riding a craftsman lawnmower around! Goody ole dad.

Triple B!
05-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Really like that Manco bike- looks sweet, almost in mint condition! :drool: Nice work!

That thing is sweet. They used to sell them at our local Sears store in the mall. As a kid I remember begging my dad for one of those. I got a XR 80 instead, he said the 3 wheeler would be no different than riding a craftsman lawnmower around! Goody ole dad.

I wish I had a wheeler when I was little, ATC/ATV or otherwise... then I would have more experience riding trails, shifting through gears, body mechanics, etc etc. :)

I guess there really wasn't much in my area as far as riding was concerned, but more exposure definitely would have been nice. My mom didn't want me to be a tom-boy...:lol:

aldochina
05-09-2009, 11:12 PM
thanks for the comps guys and gals. I got the sprocket today, and swapped it out, seems right now! I was riding the kids around while it was dry out, its definately fun, has one spot where you get a good surge. Pretty brutal in the trails, but its sweet in the feilds and stuff. Gotta fix this leaking gas cap though, must be missing a seal or somthing! I will try and clock it on the driveway tommorow. It does have a huge trunk, much bigger than my bigreds! I havnt tried any video posts yet, maybe I should try it out.

tanks350x
05-10-2009, 10:47 PM
Manco is actually a big company. They specialize in go-carts now a days, in fact, I just picked one up today It's a Manco Dingo 5hp B&S
Here is their home page
http://www.amsportworks.com/manco.php

runaway
05-11-2009, 03:07 AM
hello
nice lookin trike, i didnt really like mine it was hard to turn on gravel,icy roads,and sometimes even snow it self. if you could modify it to turn better it would be a nice trike.

cheerfan206
08-28-2009, 05:39 PM
I have a Manco 308 Rustler in Buffalo. I picked it up a couple months ago, and it needed some mechanical TLC. Had it tuned up, repaired, carb rebuilt, new fuel lines/cock installed, air cleaner, spark plug, ignition coil, and recoil assembly. Yea, I know, should have just got another motor, right? Such is life. Mine's orange-red in color, however, but a fast little trike. Hard to turn, however, due to the live axle (no differential like an ATC). So, being I bought this for the wife, and she's afraid of it due to the turning difficulty/finesse...It's available for sale to anyone interested. I'll try to get pics up so you can see it. Not quite as sweet as the one above. But it has racks and newer tires on it. Sturdy bike for sure.

fabiodriven
08-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Hard to turn, however, due to the live axle (no differential like an ATC). .

The only trike that had a differential was that Kawasaki utility, the Prairie maybe?

squirrel1182
06-03-2010, 09:52 AM
I think most of the klt's had differential mine does and its a 200c. and that things pretty cool.

84atc200
06-03-2010, 10:06 AM
Those are cool.

aldochina
06-03-2010, 10:30 AM
I actually think this thing is fun to ride!! especially on nice dirt roads and smooth trails. It goes surprisingly well for what it is. Great for learning on also. Thinking about getting rid of it though. Got to get rid of something!!

bigworm626
06-03-2010, 03:02 PM
Come on Aldo!!! Don't get rid of the Manco... tears in my eyes.

the great gazoo
06-03-2010, 06:13 PM
. Got to get rid of something!![/QUOTE]

Jeez, every time I turn around, you're showing off another NICE rig! I'd really like to see the line up at your place, & what you're getting rid of- there's probably 3 or 4 I've never seen.

Xavier Lange
12-29-2010, 07:07 PM
I have a Manco do u no wat type of motor iis suposed to be in it were can I go to get the motor wat type clutching system is on it

aldochina
12-30-2010, 01:05 AM
mine has a briggs motor, i think some came with other brands though. it has a comet go cart style tourque converter on it, no clutch.

Chazz of Blades
12-30-2010, 01:34 AM
As long as it's not a Tecumseh......

scooterroo
12-30-2010, 11:04 AM
man i know where one of these is sitting just rotting away, but the guy wants way to much his stuff, so it looks like it will sit there. friggin shame!!!

scooterroo
12-30-2010, 11:07 AM
hey aldo...does the E.G in your location stand for east greenbush?