PDA

View Full Version : 350X crankcase issues

maggiesboy
05-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I broke my X Thanksgiving day. Finally the moons are aligned so I can put the engine back together. NOT SO MUCH. I purchased a gasket set off of ebay $27.99 specials. I go to bolt the case halfs together and the gasket will not line up with the left case. I order another set of gaskets from a different seller (32.99). Different kit brand, I'm hoping for the best. Still a no go :( both gaskets line up on the broken case, but not the case half I bought off of ebay. Has anyone come accross this before?

Dirtcrasher
05-06-2009, 01:27 PM
I've had good luck with Vesrah but they are more $$.

TANK bought Athena and I warned him that I wasn't sure if they would fit well. We only used one so I'm not sure. I'm not a huge fan of Cometic either..... But the brands we never hear of, I'll stay away from entirely....

So I guess your chain ruined the left case that the gasket fits and the new left case it does not fit? Thats very strange, the cases aren't even a matched set so I'm not sure why it would be different even if it were 85 or 86.

Got a pic?? What brand of gasket did you get??

maggiesboy
05-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I've had good luck with Vesrah but they are more $$.

TANK bought Athena and I warned him that I wasn't sure if they would fit well. We only used one so I'm not sure. I'm not a huge fan of Cometic either..... But the brands we never hear of, I'll stay away from entirely....

So I guess your chain ruined the left case that the gasket fits and the new left case it does not fit? Thats very strange, the cases aren't even a matched set so I'm not sure why it would be different even if it were 85 or 86.

Got a pic?? What brand of gasket did you get??

my fat 306 pound butt at the time didn't know the frame broke, thus cracking the left case half.

It isn't the gasket, it is the new / used case. The gasket fits the old left side, and both right sides in my garage.

max
05-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Sounds like you got the wrong case there bud!

SWIGIN
05-06-2009, 04:10 PM
i love those cheap ebay gasket kits and i use them all the time on all the 350x motor i build.

you might of got a 350 4x4 case or something....only the top ends are the same im told.

Erics350x
05-06-2009, 06:38 PM
^^sounds like a trx350 case, which looks similar.

maggiesboy
05-06-2009, 08:05 PM
all the holes match, except for the bottom center bolt. dammit I guess back to shopping for another case half. Anyone on here weld them?

Billy Golightly
05-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Yes, send me a PM. I'm working on Xowners CR500 cases right now.