PDA

View Full Version : Restoring Metal Gas Tank?

freestylejunki3
05-06-2009, 08:34 AM
I am trying to restore a gas tank for my 83 250r. The inside of the tank has some rust. It doesn't have any holes or anything and doesn't leak at all but i was wondering if you guy know of anything to fix this? I have hear a while back that they is something you can put in the tank that creates a permanent coating inside??? Any help would be great! Thanks,
-Chris

freestylejunki3
05-06-2009, 08:44 AM
OK...i guess i answered my own question. I found this http://kbs-coatings.amazonwebstore.com/CYCLE-TANK-SEALER-KIT-by-KBS/M/B000IBDIX2.htm
Have any of you used this before? How well does it work? $35 for this of about $70-$100 for a "new" tank on ebay

Bryan Raffa
05-06-2009, 08:45 AM
use the SEARCH for gastank coatings,red kote has been talked about many times

harryredtrike
05-06-2009, 09:01 AM
if you coat, get rid of rust first.pour in some bb's with a bottle of navel jelly and shake,shake,shake.in a lttle while there will be no more rust.may not even have to coat.

SYKO
05-06-2009, 09:07 AM
screw naval jelly, I go straight to the killer... go buy some muratic acid... pour a few quarts in slosh around for a few mins and pour out preferly on small children, cats and dogs. then stick a water hose in it for a few mines to wash it all out, try to get most of the water out either sit out in the hot sun or use a blow dryer to dry it completly out... then the inside will be rust free again.

harryredtrike
05-06-2009, 09:19 PM
screw naval jelly, I go straight to the killer... go buy some muratic acid... pour a few quarts in slosh around for a few mins and pour out preferly on small children, cats and dogs. then stick a water hose in it for a few mines to wash it all out, try to get most of the water out either sit out in the hot sun or use a blow dryer to dry it completly out... then the inside will be rust free again.

go right to the nuclear method,i like it

MonroeMike
05-06-2009, 10:14 PM

Damn, I just blasted coffee out my nose reading this...