PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Flite seats: TRX 250r compared to ATC 250r?

Dammit!
05-05-2009, 11:28 PM
I was originally going to PM this to Rob or Tammy from CosmicQuads.com but figured maybe somebody else on here might have these seats and could post up some pics for me.

I was looking at a TRX250R Hi-Flite desert foam on ebay the other day and wondering, have you ever tried fitting a TRX foam on a trike seat before? From what I could tell in the pics, the shape of the quad foam is a lot better than the trike one. The shape of the 350x desert foam is a big improvement over the R but the TRX one looked like it might be perfect. Didn't look scooped like the trike seat. I LOVE the 350x seat but I don't care for their 250r desert seat. Just shaped all wrong for me. If it's a trivial matter to use a TRX or 350x foam though... problem solved. :D

I don't suppose you have one (trx that is) laying around for some comparison pics by any chance do you?

P.S. I don't know why every trail rider out there isn't using a desert seat on their 350x. That thing is awesome. Seriously. I think it would be an improvement for any type of riding other than MX and flat track. Your seat cover with the seam on the back only instead of along the sides like a Hi-Flite cover works perfectly as well. Huge thumbs up from me. :beer

Bryan Raffa
05-06-2009, 08:20 AM
I would love a desert seat for my tri Z! I just so happen to have two TRX's here .. but no 250r for comparison.

Bryan Raffa
05-06-2009, 08:35 AM
look into GUTS tall /soft foam... this seat is so soft!!! not as high as a desert seat,, whoever put the cover on didn't do the greatest job..

Fox250R
05-07-2009, 04:40 PM
I love mine :)

Yamada
05-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Maybe smaller rider can't use the desert seat? I'm tall so I probably could use the extra height of a desert seat. Sorry can't help you Dammit! about the TRX seat, but I think I've read somewhere that they are different.

Dammit!
05-07-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm 5' 10" and feel a little scrunched up on my R. That would be fine if I was flat tracking or racing MX but for dunes/desert/trail riding, a good desert seat is awesome. The 350x with the desert seat feels great. Very roomy. I don't feel like it hinders my turning ability at all either.

The R desert seat from hi-flite just doesn't fit me real well so I'm always looking for alternatives. The R seat would be perfect for hillclimbs. The way it's shaped helps you stay up on the tank. I have a great seat on my '86 R but I want something different on my next one.

I don't know if I posted pics of the 350x desert seat the Mosh's hooked me up with yet or not so here's a couple. I couldn't be happier with it. Foam is perfect, shape is perfect, no seam down the side. :beer

http://www.triketrash.com/images/350xseat1.jpg
http://www.triketrash.com/images/350xseat2.jpg