PDA

View Full Version : Tri-Moto 125

Justin989RR
05-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Ok so I'm new here and I have a question for ya. Is there anyway to block off the oil injection on the tri-moto 125. My buddy got it free last night, and I have to clean the carb, but we were wondering if the hose(s) could be pinched off so we can run our own pre mix. We just dont want to burn up a piston if the oil injector fails. Thanks for you advice!

TriMotoMan
05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
just pull the pump out plug the hose and put the case back on, mine works great oh and run 40:1 when u premix

Justin989RR
05-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks Tri Moto Man! Do you have any pics of your blocked off?

Vealmonkey
05-04-2009, 10:50 PM
You don't even have to go to that much trouble. If you get a box of vacuum plugs at an auto parts store, you use a dab of silicone on the 2 plugs at the oil pump and the carb and then put the proper size vacuum plugs on and everything is all blocked off. And you really just need to plug the vacuum line at the carb as it will make the trike rev out if you don't by causing a lean condition. You don't even have to block off the oil pump hoses at the pump if you don't want to. Just make sure to premix.

Justin989RR
05-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Well I got it all blocked off and got it running. What a P.O.S.! No wonder we got it for free! LOL It needs a new ring and piston put in it, so we'll be doing that very shortly. Or if we can fab something were thinking about a blaster motor swap! If we do the swap I will post pics with pros and cons of doing this. Thanks for the help guys!

TriMotoMan
05-06-2009, 09:30 PM
if u do post pics for sure, i was thinking of doing the swap, i dont think there would be much fabbing that would need to be done

harryredtrike
05-06-2009, 11:00 PM
welcome to 3ww, and make sure you post pics.we love pics here:drool: