PDA

View Full Version : honda 200m kill switch question

84honda200m
05-02-2009, 08:25 PM
I have my 200M and also my new project 200E kill switch freely moves side to side. I disassembled the 200m and found that there is a spring that pushes on the kill lever. (help me out with words on this one! I'm reaching!) Is there a wearable piece that the spring pushes into a divot on that lever? I have the same issue with my new project 200E bike. It resembles a bic lighter in the way that the spring must push something into the lever to keep it in place and when you move the switch to either side the lever compress' the 'plunger' into the spring. (anyone know what the h*ll I'm talking about?? LOL!

harryredtrike
05-02-2009, 09:37 PM
welcome to 3ww,fellow michigander.i never took apart a kill switch so i cant help,but someone will come along with the answer you need:Bounce

sandpuppi101
05-03-2009, 08:01 AM
Yep,you can replace the worn part's in there,i've done it many time's.Just use an OHM and put it on the wire's at the end and fiddle with the switch part's until you get a reading.I've found that the little brass arm get's corroded and that spring does'nt put the preassure on it so you touch but not enough and loose contact ,LOL ~ Did ya follow that ?? I see lot's of Michigan people on here nowday's,that's awesome !!

84honda200m
05-05-2009, 12:52 AM
does the spring just touch the brass switch arm or is there another piece that the spring presses (like a zippo lighter flint on spring) I am missing the piece if there is. What can I use??