PDA

View Full Version : Question about carb. on a Atc 250r

nitekrawler
07-20-2003, 07:56 PM
This has happen twice with a year or so, not bad I know. Kids come back in from a ride and carb is leaking gas out over flow (I guess) why? Float get stuck? I mean I know only within a yr its happen twice, but wondered why?

TIA

84250r
07-20-2003, 10:45 PM
To big of a main jet?

Wickedfinger
07-20-2003, 11:30 PM
... thats a float valve problem, usually the tip of needle and or seat have either gone bad or theres some rust or varnish stuck in there. Next time it happens, use a screw driver and tap a couple of times on the side of the carb bowl - if its a bad needle or seat, the gas will stop flowing, if it dosent, you have to pull off the carb and clean it. Sometimes the "rust/varnish" will work its way free and either pass into the bowl where it will sit harmlessly untill the next carb cleaning or it will pass into your carbs port circuitry and really really cause problems.

nitekrawler
07-21-2003, 01:55 AM
As for main jet, that was my thought. But, it did it with stock jet which was 148. Athough, I did upgrade it to a 150 (one step). I am thinging because of this it might be the needle. I have ran in the past fuel injection cleaner through the gas with no problems. Maybe the carb needs a clean, although, to my eye, I see no rust or varnish. Thanks for the response