PDA

View Full Version : looking for smaller wheels

TrailerRider
04-28-2009, 11:48 PM
1985 honda 110. Looking to go smaller and wider tires for the rear. Any ideas? Pics would be cool as well..

Vealmonkey
04-29-2009, 12:41 AM
Why smaller and wider? Smaller tires you could go 18 or 20, but I hope you realize, you will be losing the suspension on your hardtail as most smaller tires are also stiffer. If you are racing, it's another story. If you are racing, I would advise you to look into go kart tires. I believe the metric bolt pattern is 3x100 which is early honda hubs. You can get some pretty wide go kart tires. Also you can get special go kart hubs and if you have your rear axle turned down you can bolt on the go kart hubs directly.

TrailerRider
04-29-2009, 01:36 AM
my little 110 only sees nice gravel dirt roads, old logging roads etc and sand.. I like the look of the small diameter wheels. Won't be racing unless they start a racing event around here. Well my son want to race his new 110 against mine :beer It will very soon get some suspension forks (185/200). Just looking for a bit more of a lower profile stance. I am ok with loosing some of the rear suspension. Recommend any good tire cobmo?

Vealmonkey
04-29-2009, 02:34 AM
It all depends what you want, traction or slide. With the gravel, you will have to go with more of a traction tire. If you were pavement or hard pack dirt I would recommend more of a slide tire. There are lots of tires in 18" or 20". Just buy one like a holeshot or something like that. You don't want a real heavy or mud type tire. Dropping tire sizes, you may have to change your gearing, but you'll find that out after you ride it a couple times. Just beware of potholes! LOL