PDA

View Full Version : 86 350x help

MDFMac
04-28-2009, 06:49 PM
i got one of the complete head setups on stealbay and the only thing i see missing is the pin for the decompressor to hold it in the valve cover. i am also missing this on the head that came with my 350x... witch is why i got it so cheap. the guy said the motor was locked up... all that was wrong is that the decompressor cam pushed in to far and held the rocker witch made it so he couldnt turn it over.

well any way. does any one know of something that can replace it? or have one close to NY that would be willing to part with it?

MDFMac
04-28-2009, 07:00 PM
would a roll pin hold up to it?

Dirtcrasher
04-28-2009, 09:16 PM
There is no load on that pin whatsoever....

I'd get a metric dowel pin if I could, but otherwise, a piece of metric drill rod could work too. I'd just make certain that it was long enough to do the job, and not so long as to interfere with the decomp cam not being smooth.

MDFMac
04-28-2009, 09:43 PM
that is kinda what i was thinking. i should be able to find something at work to do it :)

SWIGIN
04-28-2009, 10:39 PM
i have bought those pins from honda not too long ago and i think they are only a few bucks each.

i know a guy who tried to use a nail instead of the hardened pin.....it was not a good idea.