PDA

View Full Version : 350x idle adjuster ?

ThinktwiceZ71
04-25-2009, 04:43 PM
my 350x has a new top end , motor runs great , but i need to adjust the idle some. It says to make sure you have the free play in the throttle and then adjust idle , well my idle screw on that wire doesn't do anything. It doesn't seem to be able to screw in enough to make a difference. Once the screw touches the part on the carb i only have maybe 1-2 turns and that is it. I need to adjust my idle with the throttle nut and i know that isn't correct. It's almost like the spring on the idle screw thing is binding and doesn't let me turn it any more .

has anyone else had this problem ? other than that the bike runs great , starts great , and is a blast to ride. I just need to take care of the idle adjustment

has anyone take the spring off the idle adjuster ?

Thorpe
04-25-2009, 07:15 PM
If you take the spring off, the adjuster doesnt lock, and you will be adjusting your idle daily... Wondering if someone in the past hasnt cobbled in the wrong spring on your adjuster... I converted my cable adjuster on my 350X to one off a Big Red, with the little knob. My cable was shot, and I wasnt able to come up with a replacement...