PDA

View Full Version : ~~ 1981 Yamaha 125 Tri-Moto Pullstarter Help! ~~

Lumpmister
04-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Hey All,

I am new to this forum, and really glad that I found it. There is alot of great stuff on this site. I live in Reno, NV, but will be moving to Hawaii for college in August.

Anyways I own a old (slightly beat down) 1981 Yamaha Tr-Moto 125, that I really enjoy. At the end of last season the pull-start rope broke. Needless to say I didn't attempt to fix it till now.

My question is, is there anywhere I could get a diagram of it? Even better would be if I could find a place to buy a new one (the spring is very worn out). Or is it possible to mount a kick starting system on there instead?

Any Help/Comments will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Daniel

Vealmonkey
04-24-2009, 10:12 AM
You still can get alot of the parts from the dealership. Any online discount place like service honda can get you some pretty good deals on parts also. A good place to get a schematic breakdown of parts that is pretty easy to access is bikebandit .com. Look under OEM parts, type in the year of your yt, then search for the "yt125" and when the parts list pop up, search for the diagram that works for the info that you are looking for. I hope this helps. You might still be able to get a new pull starter from the dealer, but it will be expensive. You should be able to get the parts you need or maybe post a "wanted to buy" ad in the classified section for a pull starter. You can get some pretty good bargains on here for decent used parts from the members on here. Welcome to the site and best of luck with your yt. We are doing some pretty crazy things with yts' right now. You can install a yt175 front end on yours, it's simply a bolt on if you have all the parts. We're also working on some yts' with an old school rear suspension kit. Do a search for Pro Tec beginning and you'll see what we're doing.

zppeacock
04-24-2009, 10:50 AM
My local dealer rebuilt my ytm pullstart (spring, and rope) for around $60

williewonka
04-24-2009, 07:00 PM
hey man if u ruild it with parts from home depot it will cost like 20 bucks lol its not hard