PDA

View Full Version : 84 tecate saved from the boneyard

kawasakiridr
04-23-2009, 08:09 PM
Hello Everyone! And yes,I'm a new guy.Well, to make a long story short,a buddie of mine bought an old farm house and a couple of barns.On the day I went to check out his new place, I noticed in the far back corner a crippled three wheeler without any rear suspension.To my suprise,a Tecate!! 100.00 later,it now sits in my garage. I've stripped this bad boy down to the bare bones and started all over.PVL ignition,Renthal bars,and a ton of new replacement parts.Needless to say,I'm really proud of my find.Sitting in the barn all those years saved the plastic,however, the back plastic is held together with flattened hose clamps that have been rivveted top and bottom.The tecate now is really clean,except for the rear plastic ,I've searched every possible way to find red rear plastic for this beast but NO LUCK. So,if anyone has any red rear plastic for an 84 tecate you could put an end to my misery.I would love to hear from you.Ive been trying to post some pics to show off my winter project but, my files are too large to post so i will have to do some more research on how to do that. Very impressive site.Lots of useful info. Later guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fabiodriven
04-23-2009, 08:32 PM
God save the Tecates! Tecates rule!

Every time I see your Tecate Johnny, :drool: :drool: :drool: .

(BTW, got my decal and raffle tix today, thanks John!)

kawasakiridr
04-23-2009, 09:17 PM
jeswinehart, thank you for that info.Good lookin' Tecate by the way. I plan to post pic's later.