PDA

View Full Version : Carb leaking 200s

Superduck
04-22-2009, 04:36 PM
My carb is leaking. I can't really describe where, except that it almost seems like gas condenses right along the line where the bowl screws to the carb. It doesn't leak a lot, but if I let it just sit and idle...after a couple minutes I can notice it....several more minutes and it's enough to form a drop on the idle screw.

The service manual would tell me to check the float level. Then, since the float level can't be changed, if it's off get new floats. Thing is the guy I bought it from said he just put a new carb on it before I bought it. Got it off ebay. (I know ...it's ebay lord knows what he got)

My initial thought is to just buy a carb rebuild kit and try that. I wanted to double check here to see if it might be something else.

Thanks.

y2kane
04-22-2009, 04:46 PM
float might just be stuck. take it apart and see if it is not. also the little rubber ring around the bowl might not be in the right place. Just giving my 2 cents.

rdlsz24
04-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Probably just the rubber bowl gasket. If your float wasn't set right most likely gas would be pouring from the overflow hole on the side. At least that's what it always does for me :rolleyes:

Rob

Superduck
04-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Thanks guys. I'll take that carb apart tomorrow and see what's doin.

Erics350x
04-22-2009, 11:31 PM
Replace the bowl gasket, or better yet, get a carb kit.

harryredtrike
04-24-2009, 08:02 AM
if the bowl gasket is older,and stretched use a little high tach to hold in place till the bowl is on.works for me everytime

ThinktwiceZ71
04-24-2009, 08:40 AM
mine on my 200s leaked , it wasn't the gaskets , it was the fuel line was being bent a little bebause i had a inline filter on it , and it was pushed just enough to let a small amount of gas leak by where the hose fits onto the nipple of the carb.