PDA

View Full Version : Crf230 + 200x

acidtuch10
04-21-2009, 05:29 PM
I have a CRF230 jug and crank… Along with a 85 200x engine (spare in a box) and was going to use the CRF crank and Jug on the 200X cases will have a CRF Piston as well. … Just curious to know if this has been done by anyone…Searched produced no results

leevarnado
04-21-2009, 05:59 PM
has been talked about a few times,but don't think anyone has done it.search the forums,should be talk about here somewhere.

AutoXer
04-21-2009, 06:13 PM
are the 230 cases good? Wow you got me so excited I wanted to do this but couldn't find a deal on a 230 motor

acidtuch10
04-22-2009, 08:01 AM
I do not have access the cases.Going to rip the crank outta the X bottom end and see how it compares to the X crank...... AutoXer where in Rome are you... I am in westmoreland... Should get together and ride...

leevarnado
04-22-2009, 08:27 AM
this is no direct fix.theres alot of modding to do thats why it hasnt been done yet.

factoryX
04-22-2009, 01:13 PM
lol should be the same motor! the crf 230 supposed to have a xr motor.

AutoXer
04-22-2009, 01:15 PM
acidtuch i am behind revere. I ride with freaksfix and killer. We were allmoast in westmoreland the other day ridding on the gasline

Mastacator
05-01-2009, 02:27 PM
I have a CRF230 jug and crank… Along with a 85 200x engine (spare in a box) and was going to use the CRF crank and Jug on the 200X cases will have a CRF Piston as well. … Just curious to know if this has been done by anyone…Searched produced no results

acid, I have a comment about the 230 crank, excuse me for not being around much, I haven't been on the forum for quite awhile, had alot of life changes happen over the past year and a half.

Anyway, I've started to attempt this some year and half ago, it hasn't panned out yet. It will involve alot of work. The 230 crank is both longer and a wider diameter on the flywheel side. The crank bearings are also different diameters, those may be able to be changed out to fit the 200x case, but the side case for the 200x would no longer fit the due to the length of the crank.
Another thing to consider is the 230 crank has a longer stroke than the X, this can be worked with, which would be desireable, I'm just saying that it would have to be work out with a shorter rod, or a different piston, or a lenthening of the top end, just more to consider.

Now the jug will fit just fine on the X bottom end, but that probably not much of an upgrade other than bore diameter, which is much different.

I hope to work on this again soon, as I'm finally back in a situation where I can actually spend time with my trikes again. I'll let you know what i come up with, feel free to colllaborate with me on it in the meantime.

later!!
jeremy