PDA

View Full Version : 83 250R swingarm bolt and bushings

freestylejunki3
04-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Does anybody know if the swingarm bolt from an 85R is the same size as the one from an 83? Also, does anybody know where i can find a complete bearing kit for the swingarm pivot? I was thinking of just making some nylon bushings and getting rid of the needle bearings completely. Have any of you done this or know if there is a place that i can get nylon bushings for it pre-made?

Dammit!
04-20-2009, 12:03 PM
x.system here on the forums makes those for the 85-86 R. Not sure if they're the same or not. I have a set on my 86 R right now.

x.system
04-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Does anybody know if the swingarm bolt from an 85R is the same size as the one from an 83? Also, does anybody know where i can find a complete bearing kit for the swingarm pivot? I was thinking of just making some nylon bushings and getting rid of the needle bearings completely. Have any of you done this or know if there is a place that i can get nylon bushings for it pre-made?

The bolt size OD is the same but I'm not sure about the length, plus I think the ends are different? I sent you a PM about the bushings.

freestylejunki3
04-20-2009, 01:05 PM
ok..now for the bolt. Where can i find one? an oem one is like 70 bucks. ne one know of a place to get an aftermarket one or something?

dizasterzrfun69
04-20-2009, 11:05 PM
ok..now for the bolt. Where can i find one? an oem one is like 70 bucks. ne one know of a place to get an aftermarket one or something?

send a message to yamahondaman and tell him you heard he might be making them