PDA

View Full Version : clear answer on what thumb throttle works on 86 t3

joe_f7
04-19-2009, 07:40 PM
i have a 86 t3 and i want a thumb throttle on it. i have a 39 PWK carb on it with the stock cable on it. i did a search and people were listing off a whole bunch of thumb throttles that they "thought" would work. what have you guys found to work.

ScottZJ
04-30-2009, 06:37 PM
I have no way to verify this but I heard that these fit.

1988 suzuki quadracer 250r

suzuki z400

oOGoFastOo
04-30-2009, 08:51 PM
I have a Z400 thumb throttle and cable on my 86 T3 which has a TM38 flat slide carb and it almost doesn't open the slide far enough.

joe_f7
04-30-2009, 10:23 PM
well i went with a T4 thumber and cable. bad news is i need to get the T4 front master cylinder to get it to work. and when i get that in the mail i'll have to see, but i think i may need to move the headlight switch somewhere else as well. my stock master cylinder was shot so i am running one off a newer KX, but just holding up my stock master cylinder, i don't think that would have worked either. they hit the housing on the throttle, and you would have to turn one of them up or down to get it to work making it hard to operate one or the other. i am also running the 39mm PWK carb, and the T4 cable will work fine for it. it's a little shorter than the twist throttle cable.