PDA

View Full Version : Got a pair of Fast Trekkers

FastZ28
04-19-2009, 05:23 AM
I picked up a pair of Fast Trekkers to use at TF 09 and tried em out today.
I got 18x11-10 on Douglas red label rims. They seem to slide better on corner exit while on the gas better than my 20x11-10 Razrs. I ran them at 5psi just wondering what psi you guys run in your fast trekkers?

I recently bought a new FMF pipe for it and I plan on redoing the entire rear, ordered a HRE swinger, Durablue X-33 axle, and plan on having the shock rebuilt and replacing the stock spring with a new progressive rear spring I have.

After riding it I loaded it on my trailer to take it to the car wash I decided to snap a few pics of my Big Red pulling it around :D

ThinktwiceZ71
04-19-2009, 07:50 AM
Sweet , nice wheelers man

Kintore
04-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey, watch those rims, then BEND super easy with the lack of tire there.

Thats why all of us run the baja model rim with the reenforcement ring there.

Ive pancaked a few of them in the past. Even trail riding Ive pooched them in, Just ask ATCtim!

I run around 4 for MX in mine for pressure and 6 on a hardpack track

FastZ28
04-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the reply Kintore:)
So are the Douglas rims gonna be ok for TF?
I don't plan on using them for any trail riding just around the yard and for TF.
For trail riding I'll throw my Razrs back on.

One more question, I am currently running stock gearing, should I change it for the Fast Trekkers? What would you reccomend?

atctim
04-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Fast Z28 - If I may - your stock gearing will be just fine for MX with those 18s. I run stock gearing on my R with that same set up. Seems to work really well.

2 years ago - I bent the heck out of a Douglas wheel I had just doing trips up and down the drag strip. With 18s and 10" wheels you want some kind of reinforcement for sure - just like Kintore said.

FastZ28
04-21-2009, 12:17 AM
Thanks, I guess I'll look into some diff rims for those tires.

tree18is
04-21-2009, 01:16 AM
if that isnt the best atc picture ever taken I dont know what is...

Kintore
04-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Id look into the bajas.

Now I have bent them yes. BUT it takes ALOT of force to do that. Normal riding they will do just fine. I do some stupid crap lol

anyways, my extra helpful hint.

I/many others have have problems with the rims "eggin" out on the bolt holes.

Im ordering a new set sometime in the next few weeks and this is my remedy.

Drill out the bolt holes in the rims to the same size as the OEM honda rims and use the OEM acorn shaped nuts. Not only will it center your rim it will prevent eggin out on you considerably.