PDA

View Full Version : 350x Front Brake Caliper Problems

krazyquadridr
04-15-2009, 07:46 PM
So I bought a 350x front caliper on ebay since it didn't have one on it when I bought the bike. When I go to mount it tonight the mounting bolts line up, but when I go to tighten them it appears that the caliper isn't situated correctly, and binds up against the rotor. Is there a couple of spacers I'm missing between the fork and the caliper, or could it be that the front spindle is not sitting in the correct spot? Everything related to the spindle appears to be tight and correct, so I'm stumped. Thanks

JohnR.
04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
I ran into a similar problem when I tried to use a 350X front hub and rotor on a 250R front end. They look really similar and I would have bet money on them being interchangeable but they weren't. Maybe someone swapped the hub/rotor to an R one at some point.

John

Erics350x
04-15-2009, 08:15 PM
sounds like the slides are stuck in the caliper, try removing the caliper bracket and you'll fing out.

krazyquadridr
04-15-2009, 08:15 PM
Okay, it looks like the tire sits off to the left side a little more if you are at it head on. Would that be an indication that it is a R front spindle assembly?

JohnR.
04-15-2009, 08:21 PM
It could also be what Eric mentioned.

Sorry, I can't give you more info on the hub possibility, its been close to 9 years since I did that.

John