PDA

View Full Version : Royal Purple TC-W3

04-13-2009, 01:42 PM
has anybody ran this oil, and how well did it work for you, I can get a decent price on it, and have been running Super Techni-Plate, but am open to running the RP, b/c it is more available to me.

200xman
04-13-2009, 06:57 PM
TC-W3 stands for Two Cycle-Water cooled 3. I believe the # is just the latest standard. That is a marine oil meant to be used in outboards with lower combustion temps. I was always told it will ash up more in the hotter running air cooled motors. Should work in a pinch but I wouldn't make a habit of it. With that being said, let yet another great oil debate begin!!!!!shens

deathman53
04-13-2009, 10:23 PM
I have used it for the past 4 years, klotz tc-w3 snowmobile oil.

07-02-2009, 12:19 AM
For anyone interested in this oil, I do not recommend it. I have fouled 4 plugs mixed at 32:1, but only fouled 1 old plug before with my Super-Techniplate at 32:1. Same Shell 93 and same BR8ES plugs. Also, you can not clean it out if it starts to foul, I could hold WOT with S-T if I started fouling and it would come out of it, but the RP just kills the plug.

outtaline
07-02-2009, 12:27 AM
Ya I wish I would have seen this when you posted the original I would have told you to run. My brother tried it in his CR and had the same results.

WIkid500
07-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Just for the record I heard from several drag racing type people that since Royal Purple sold out a few years ago the company went down the Pooper. The oil has been nothing but junk as of late. Not to push an oil but I love my Amsoil in both 4 strokes and 2 strokes. Klotz is good. Anything but royal purple and penzoil.

deathman53
07-02-2009, 10:43 AM
I've fouled a few plugs using it, none in my 250r, I use 32:1 in that. I'm at 5th year on the same top end, I recently changed the piston, super clean and pv is surprisingly clean, had some carbon on it, not much. Where I fouled the plugs was in my dirtbike, ktm200exc. I changed the mixture to 40:1 and no more fouling. I seen honda hp2, holy cow! alot of spooge and a caked pv. The previous owner of my 200 used it, my first thing to do to the bike was cleaning the spark arrestor and silencer tube, both were caked with carbon.