PDA

View Full Version : 350x Seat Cover

350Kris
07-18-2003, 01:49 PM
I'm looking for the right seat cover for my "show" 350x. CEET won't print any with a logo anymore (350X or ATC), but Hi-Flite will. Plus, HF makes foam also. They have a 350X and ATC logo on the side of their seats. Does anyone know what they look like??? Are they close to stock looking??? The lady I talked to said HF had to change the logos slightly to meet licensing requirements. I'm just wondering if they look good or not.

I may get a predominantly black seat with red flames. I'll change my fork boots to black, so my bike will have a white, black and red theme....

JayP
07-18-2003, 02:34 PM
I am interested in this also. I had a similar thread and got no response. I want to see a pic of the 350X logo they make but they could not provide. I understand they won't put Honda on the back either.

anyone?

hrc200x
07-18-2003, 06:05 PM
I think it was on a ct 70 restoration web site I was on that they were painting their own logos on with some special paint and a stencil (outline made out of cardboard?)

If you could find a blank seat you could do your own honda and your own ATC or 350x on the side.

If your interested in desert seats, I emailed hiflite, their desert seats costs $115 plus shipping. The foam is like two inches thicker. I'm guessing you get new foam, and a new cover, not sure if you get a new seat pan though.

JayP
07-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Yeah we both said we already talked to Hi-Flite; we want to see a pic of the thing (desert seat or regular doesn't matter) and see if the 350X is similar or not. As far as stenciling on the thing myself that is a non-starter; I can imagine the POS I would end up with trying to paint a piece of vinyl. Surely somebody has one of these repro 350X seats??

roofinggun
07-19-2003, 12:24 AM
I just got a seat cover from seat about 2 months ago that was blue with the 350x and Ceet on back. Are those the ones they stopped making?

350x'inNY
07-19-2003, 02:35 AM
Hey all... I'm a week ahead of you! She was suppose to send it out after the 4th holiday, but I actually called her back earlier today. She's making a print of a 350X and a ATC stencil and sending it to me. I can then scan it and post. From what she said, the 'X' is a bit altered on the 350X and the ATC the tops are one line across. I got craving a blue desert seat after MR ATC let me get on the '400X' before I bought the fenders and speedo. He use to deal in Hi-Flite seats, and hooked me up with the website. www.hi-flite.com The lady quoted ~$130-140 for the desert foam and cover with shipping to NY. The seat MR ATC had had to have the thickest vinal I've ever seen! High quality seat and stitching!

MR ATC had some picks of his 360X with the blue desert seat and I couldn't tell the difference in the 350X print, but Bill had said that they'd gotten in trouble with HONDA about them. Not sure if that seat was pre or post changes.

I'll let you know what I find.
Bruce

350x'inNY
07-19-2003, 02:37 AM
Hey all... I'm a week ahead of you! She was suppose to send it out after the 4th holiday, but I actually called her back earlier today. She's making a print of a 350X and a ATC stencil and sending it to me. I can then scan it and post. From what she said, the 'X' is a bit altered on the 350X and the ATC the tops are one line across. I got craving a blue desert seat after MR ATC let me get on the '400X' before I bought the fenders and speedo. He use to deal in Hi-Flite seats, and hooked me up with the website. www.hi-flite.com The lady quoted ~$130-140 for the desert foam and cover with shipping to NY. The seat MR ATC had had to have the thickest vinal I've ever seen! High quality seat and stitching!

MR ATC had some picks of his 360X with the blue desert seat and I couldn't tell the difference in the 350X print, but Bill had said that they'd gotten in trouble with HONDA about them. Not sure if that seat was pre or post changes.

I'll let you know what I find.
Bruce

350Kris
07-19-2003, 05:02 PM
Thanks man...please post the pics when you get the stencils! Thanks.

Kris

kilabeez0
07-19-2003, 05:02 PM
i just got a white and blue cover for my 200x. it took forever to pull all the damn staples out of my old one! are u guys gonna put them on yourself or have a shop do it? It says it need 3/16 staples which is pretty damn small. My old cover had about a thousand of them! does the size of the staple make that much of a difference in being able to stretch it out evenly?