PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my 86 200x rear axle

outtaline
04-09-2009, 08:53 PM
I can't get it out got the nut off can't get the sprocket hub off or get it to move need help yeah I know I'm a certified Ducati tech but they didn't teach us a thing about trikes or quads so all I know is from the swing arm up I'm just glad they trained us on 350x engines

Erics350x
04-09-2009, 11:18 PM
Remove the clip and nut then the brake hub and slide it out. It maybe rusted between the bearings, in that case you'll have to do abit of hammering. The sprocket hub also has a clip and can be a real pain to get off, but you shouldn't need it off to remove the axle.

outtaline
04-09-2009, 11:31 PM
the sleeve that the nut tightens onto won't budge its like its welded even got out the hot wrench and pb blaster and no luck so I guess block of wood and BFH unless there is something else

Erics350x
04-10-2009, 08:31 AM
You did get the clip off, right? If so, heat the sleeve and tap the axle using a block of wood.

outtaline
04-10-2009, 09:17 AM
I guess I just need to hit it harder and get it hotter. How far you live from Fort Myers

Ant2u
04-10-2009, 09:18 AM
I had the exact same problem with my 86 200x. I ended up using lots of pb blaster (although now I have kroil and would recommend it) and heat. As mentioned above, if you have the nut and clip off then use wood if you can, it was pretty tight for me getting around the brake hub to the left edge of the threaded sleeve. The only way I could get the threaded sleeve off mine was to use a blunt metal punch on the left edge of it one hit at a time and then rotate the axle and do that until it came free. It took me a while to get it off. It did chew the left end (closest to the carrier) of the sleeve slightly but I was able to clean it up and it didn't affect me when I put it back together.

outtaline
04-10-2009, 09:20 AM
How hot can I get this thing with it being on the axle

Ant2u
04-10-2009, 09:32 AM
I heated the sleeve for a minute and would make a few hits and then do it again. Every so often I would soak it with pb blaster and let it sit for a few and then start the process over again.

Dirtcrasher
04-10-2009, 12:02 PM
I use oxy acetylene annd get it 100% cherry red, flaming hot, melting all the orings kinda hot......

Erics350x
04-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Im closer to Pensacola.
You should be able to hit the axle on the right end and push the axle through the hub.

outtaline
04-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Thanks guys DC your trick worked I just didn't have enough heatnot worried about orings cause the carrier is trashed and The whole thing is getting redone I just wish it didn't have a reweld on the frame Oh well got a 200m to ride for now. The sad part is its friday night and grown men have nothin to do but play with there computer