PDA

View Full Version : should i trade my xr250r for a 350x?

mikey's250sx
04-09-2009, 08:14 AM
i looove my bike. it's an 86, but is basically all new. new piston, seat cover, tires, cleaned card, new clutch, painted plastics. basically it is a very nice dependable and surprisingly quick woods bike. i have a guy with an 86 350x who really wants to trade for my bike but his x needs some minor help. tank needs a coating inside. some rust but no holes. comes with a por15 kit, missing rear mudflap, missing rear disk. does come with rear bearings and seals in package so i am assuming the ones on the carrier are shot right now, had new top end gaskets and valves adjusted with reciepts, new fast trekker rear tires, runs great with no smoke or noises, cobra exhaust, seat cover shot.

that's about it. i ride the fields around my house every once in a while and used to go to tower city about 2 times a year so hills, coal, and woods. i enjoy my xr and it will run forever but i miss my atc's too.

what to do?

acidburn
04-09-2009, 08:40 AM
with my experience my bikes have always outlasted my trikes for dependablity :S

Yamaha_Rules69
04-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Your asking in the wrong place if you want a different answer than "trade it for the 350x". Remember, you are in a 3 wheeler forum,and people on here will almost always lean towards the wheeler, because we are all 3 wheeler nuts. But really,I would trade it. The 350x is much rarer than an xr anyday, and were only made 2 years. The way I think about it, you can always pick up an xr, they made them for like 20 years. The 350x is probably worth more too. Just my .02..........

AutoXer
04-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Trade with him giving you $300 LOL

mikey's250sx
04-09-2009, 07:38 PM
i figured i would get a lot of trade it! responses being this was a 3 wheeler forum but i have seen a lot of unbiased opinions here too. i am still on the fence because i like my bike a lot and have fixed everything on it and when i had 3 wheelers i was always fixing something. but on the flip side i do love trikes too. grrrrrr what a pain. wish i could afford both!

Thorpe
04-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Trade it in a heartbeat... You can always find another xr250... 350X's arent so easy.... The xr is depreciating, the X is appreciating... TRADE!!!!!!!!!

oldtime3wheeler
04-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Where in Lancaster is the 350x located? lol. I would trade it buts thats just my opinion.

blue27
04-11-2009, 09:45 AM
I guess you did not trade.....

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/rvs/1116844084.html

tanks350x
04-11-2009, 12:16 PM
I guess you did not trade.....

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/rvs/1116844084.html

I think it's funny how the guy put RARE white fenders, when all the 86's have them.... Do what you like, keep the XR if you're not sure of the deal

Hoosier_Daddy
04-11-2009, 01:33 PM
This is an qustion none of us can honestly answer. If you XR is fixed up and your really used to it and enjoy it, maybe you're best to keep it instead of trading for a trike that needs work and parts are more expensive and in many cases harder to get. The bottom line is, is it a fair trade off in YOUR opinion. Will it make YOU happy. We can give opinions about what we would do personally but you may not be happy with the decisions that would make us happy. Good luck.

buck
04-11-2009, 06:13 PM
To me the X is harder to come by therefore making me lean towards a trade.

It's already been said in this thread but I'll say it again. You can find another xr anywhere.

EDIT....I didn't pay any attention to the condition of the X. That makes it a little tougher for me.

Buck

BigTBones
04-11-2009, 09:34 PM
I would keep the XR. Sounds like the X is beat up and now from the pics the guy thinks he could pull a fast one on ya! 350X's are Dime A dozen my friend! Wait for a nicer one to come around and buy one!