PDA

View Full Version : Value of 1985 350X gas tank shrouds?

Hoosier_Daddy
04-08-2009, 10:39 AM
I've read recently that these are hard to find. They are longer then the others. Is that true that they are hard to find and hold some value? I believe i have a set and figured maybe I could use them as trade bait for some parts I may need.

atctim
04-08-2009, 10:57 AM
The last I knew they were still available from Honda.

see this thread

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=91285&highlight=350X+shrouds

Hoosier_Daddy
04-08-2009, 11:06 AM
The last I knew they were still available from Honda.

see this thread

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=91285&highlight=350X+shroudsThanks. I knew you could still get shrouds but they changed them to be shorter so they didn't hit the forks. So I was told the early run 85 shrouds are hard to find. I don't know if that is true but was wondering. I don't know for 100% if mine are those early longer ones , but I'm pretty sure they are. I just saw a thread talking about it a few weeks ago but am unable to locate that thread.

The Goat
04-08-2009, 01:58 PM
it depends.. if they are perfect yeah they hold a little value to the restoring type of guy.

buy it still isn't likely you'll see 50 bucks... people are tight.

Hoosier_Daddy
04-08-2009, 03:05 PM
it depends.. if they are perfect yeah they hold a little value to the restoring type of guy.

buy it still isn't likely you'll see 50 bucks... people are tight.OK. Is there any way you can tell me what exactly differentiates them? Are they are certain length? Do they have different serial numbers? stuff like that. Thanks.

DeePa
04-08-2009, 03:50 PM
i dont think they shortened them, i just think they angled them out from the tank more so the forks didnt contact them

The Goat
04-08-2009, 05:58 PM
no idea never touched a set of stockers or seen em.

but after a year of orderin parts... trust me when I say they might pay for a new set of mairrs... if they were perfect

Hoosier_Daddy
04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
The ones I have are in great shape. But, I'm using maiers because I'm not using the red color scheme. So I was thinking about selling the 85's to help fund other parts. I guess i should hang on to them in case i need them in the future though. I don't know.