PDA

View Full Version : Any engine mod options for the horizontal 125's???? Thinking of one for project ATC70

1TuffK0
04-07-2009, 01:37 AM
Well, last week I grabbed a craigslist puzzle project for 22 bucks. Snagged an 86 TRX125 basket case engine. Fairly disassembled, oh and some very nice OE rear rims from the TRX as well (the extra 2 bucks). Included with the engine also was the carb/manifold and throttle control as well as some other assorted parts. I haven't split the cases yet to start inspecting things and cleaning and reassembling, but I am curious about any bore and stroke or cam and head options.

I have a 73 ATC70 that could easily be restored back to stock OE correct, but I want to actually ride this little bugger a bit. I'd love to have some serious roost capability down low. Not sure if that's possible. So, depending I may put this 125 in the 70, or keep things more correct looking and stay with 70 based parts. Sure would love to have 200cc or so kind of power. Maybe hide a turbo up inside the frame where the muffler is.

Anyway, slightly unsure of the direction to go with on the engine, but sure would love a big power increase for more riding fun. Oh, and would love to convert to a manual clutch if the old S90 parts would work for that mod.

Would like to stay Honda on the powerplant.

Did find Web Cam Inc for cams, but that's about it other than Dratv on 70 based tiny bore up kits.

Any input really appreciated, thanks...........

oscarmayer
04-07-2009, 08:47 AM
very litle now days.