PDA

View Full Version : Restoring 250SX New to forums

skinne44
04-06-2009, 12:36 PM
I everyone I am new to this forum but I have to say I am glad there is still a large group of people keeping three wheelers alive. I currently have a restored 1985 200X that came out pretty good for my first project, I just purchased a 1985 250SX that runs and everythinr works as it should but needs some TLC. Also came with another 250SX parts bike. I have torn the SX down and started cleaning and prepping parts as weel as purchaseing new parts, I am in need of the original handle bars and have checked E-Bay and so far either bent of unable to find. Anyone on herer have a set they could part with I really don't want to have to go with aftermarket bars they just don't seem to go with the trike with the dash and all. I'll try and post some picks of my ATC's but thanks for any help.

skinne44
04-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Sorry about the spelling, I have a broken finger and its hard to type, here are some more pictures.

x.system
04-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the forums, you can put up a wanted ad in the classifieds for a set of bars or PM me, I've got a set you might be able to put to use.

rugabugadouglas
04-06-2009, 07:20 PM
i have some sets laying around too welcome as well

Name Brand
04-07-2009, 05:50 AM
Nice job on the 200x! Are you planning to do a true restoration or more of a custom build on the SX? Keep us updated with lots of pics; I plan on building up another custom SX when I get home next winter.

skinne44
04-07-2009, 12:00 PM
I am not going for the 100% original look but want a nice reliable rider when complete. I am having the frame and swingarm powder coated and then I think I am going to try powder coating the smaller stuff myself just looking for an oven. The engine runs smooth but does smoke a littile so probably will go with a slight bore and a new piston and rings.

Cody
04-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the forums, nice trikes.