PDA

View Full Version : Color combo opinions please

Hoosier_Daddy
04-05-2009, 08:57 PM
OK, I'm in the middle of fixing up my rider 350X. I'll post pics of the progress when I'm finished. I will say before hand, I'm a full time college student and money IS a factor. So, I'm doing my best to do a good, yet cost effective job. As much as i would love the mosh's to do my seat for me, my budget doesn't allow it. Instaed of getting everything powedercoated, I am forced to use good auto paint because I have access to it. Some day when i get my degree and get a good job lined up, it will come apart and everything will be done top notch. But for now, i'm doing what I can with what I have and I'm just going to enjoy riding it. With that said, I'll let you guys know that i have chosen my color scheme of Black and Silver.

Here is my question, I'm doing my frame in metallic silver, should I do the swinger in silver also or do you think that would be over kill? Should I do the swinger in black to stand out? I'm going to make the skid plates black to contrast the silver frame. What do you guys think about the swinger? Silver frame and swinger with black skid plates? Silver frame and black swinger with black skid plates?

chris200x
04-05-2009, 09:20 PM
but a swinger done up in the same color of the frame dont took too too bad. here's my all red one.

Hoosier_Daddy
04-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Yours looks awesome Chris. I'll do the silver/silver then. Thanks for that advice and pics. Your trike was a big inspiration for me.

andnuaa
04-06-2009, 12:45 AM
I think a silver frame and a silver swing arm would look good. Especially if you make the axle black the brake rotor hub black and the brake black I think it would all come together nice

Hoosier_Daddy
04-06-2009, 12:49 AM
I think a silver frame and a silver swing arm would look good. Especially if you make the axle black the brake rotor hub black and the brake black I think it would all come together nice
Yeah, that was my plans. The whole trike is going to be black and silver. If it turns out anything like i can picture it, I will be happy. I've already got a lot of stuff in for it. I'm still wailting in the fenders. they are on back order. And I have the top end of the engine apart checking everything out and changing gaskets and seals. It's fun so far. i just hope it looks as good as i hope it will.