PDA

View Full Version : Electric supercharger...

01ps
04-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Don't laugh...

I know the thought of one giving any gains on a car engine is ludicrous, given the demands for air of a larger displacement internal combustion engine.

What about on a small displacement, lower power engine though? If it could pressureize the airbox, it should be able to keep up for short periods of time. It would not be restricting like something mounted in the intake tube, and if it failed, it is mounted pre-filter.

250rflattracker
04-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Actually somebody really did make a kit like this in the mid 80's. I think Dirt Wheels is the one's who did a test on it. They had it on an 86 ATC 250r. It had an electric fan on the air box lid. It came with a rewound stator and if i remember correctly, the faster the engine spun, the faster the fan would spin with it. I'm prettyy sure it had pretty good power gains, but it seemed to never catch on for some reason.

The Goat
04-06-2009, 01:22 AM
it would work...

those ludicrous turbos/superchargers (they say turbo, it's really a supercharger) do too.

a stock civic with intake vs a civic with electric turbo and turbo taped exhaust equals over a second faster in the quarter. not much when you're running 17s stock.

Yamada
04-06-2009, 09:40 AM
it would work...

those ludicrous turbos/superchargers (they say turbo, it's really a supercharger) do too.

a stock civic with intake vs a civic with electric turbo and turbo taped exhaust equals over a second faster in the quarter. not much when you're running 17s stock.

Off topic but mine is only doing 19's :confused:

Personally I think all these gadgets are useless. If you have extra money go buy it but don't expect to brake new record.

I now think that if you want more horsepower, change the engine or open it.

Macs
04-06-2009, 10:28 AM
It seems like it would be too much of an eletrical draw?