PDA

View Full Version : K & N Air Filter for 85 Tecate

dcreel
04-04-2009, 04:12 AM
Does anyone have a part # for a K&N Air filter that will go on the rear of a 38-41mm carb and miss the shock on an 85 Tecate. The stock airbox doesn't flow enough, and I can't for the life of me find out the right air filter for my Tecate UFO airbox.

Thanks for any information,
Doug

scooterroo
04-04-2009, 10:07 AM
are you going with an open airfilter with outerwears cover on it then? i cant remember what the one i got came off of, it was way to long and hit the shock, so i cut it down to the correct size i needed, took the chrome cap end off the end i cut off, and hot glued it to the end of the part i was using to attach it to the carb. got me an outerwears for it. looks nice, i dont have any pics, but if i get a chance i will get out to the garage today and take a few. an chance you wanna get that ufo airbox redone? reproduced? would love to have one for my t3.

T3 LOPES
04-04-2009, 03:55 PM
If you would like to run a uni pod it is very easy to install . You can referance it form a thread called (The coplor green) . It shows how it looks . You need a 30 degree piece of pvc pipe ,rubber collar and the filter, mod it up and you good to go.

dcreel
04-04-2009, 04:14 PM
I just ordered a K&N filter off of their website using their measurements. I got a precharger cover for it too. I hope it will fit. I guess I have about $80 riding on the fact that it will. If it won't I jus bought an awesome paper weight.

I'm scrambling to get my 84 Tecate back together. New bearings all around. I have 3 weeks until the Midwest rampage.