PDA

View Full Version : clueless electrical problem, 250ES

rebel33382
04-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Bike sat for 3 days, go to pull it out, no power (electric start,lights/reverse/nuetral) look around, nothing unusual. I jump the starter solenoid with a screw driver, it fires right up and the nuetral light comes on, runs fine, turn it off, everything dead. Jump it with screw driver, fires up, and I hit starter button, and starter turns. I had a spare starter solenoid, swapped it, no difference. Only starts with jumping solenoid. Any clue guys? I was suppose to take it out tomorrow morning!

fabiodriven
04-03-2009, 06:32 PM
How about a bad solenoid?

Dirtcrasher
04-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Fuse? Bad ground? Trace the 12V circuit that goes to the small wires on the solenoid. They are in series with the neutral and I'm sure the key switch and starter button etc etc.

The neutral light comes on when it's running because the alternator is generating 12V at that point. I guess that means the charging circuit is good...

Do you have a wiring diagram? your gonna need one unless you just get lucky....

rebel33382
04-03-2009, 10:14 PM
anyone know off hand, im drunk and am suppose to be on the trail in less that 12 hours??????

oldtime3wheeler
04-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Just use the back-up kick starter for your ride and work on it later.

rebel33382
04-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey great, just got back from Memphis for a little vacation, took a fuse out the Bronco, it had already been converted, going to fill it up with di-electric grease in the morning. Upon troubleshooting, I broke a wire that is soldered to the off-on-off swith, the one that is soldered to that metal tab!