PDA

View Full Version : Honda ATC90/110 Piston Interchange?

HondaSXRider85
04-02-2009, 02:03 PM
does anyone know if the pistons from an atc 90 will work in an atc 110. my 110 is a 1980 model, with the points style ignition. reason being, i cant find any aftermarket high compression pistons for this thing and the stock piston is in bad shape anyways. i remember the compression ratio being like 7.5:1 or 8.0:1 or something like that. will the aftermarket atc 90 big bore pistons work in a 110? it needs an overbore anyways, and there are kits that go as high as 124cc that ive seen. any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

SWIGIN
04-02-2009, 05:30 PM
the small end of the rod is smaller then the 110 so the piston pin will not work.

HondaSXRider85
04-02-2009, 10:33 PM
ok, thanks for the heads up on the pistons not swapping. but how about machining the head down for increased compression? i found a big bore 124cc piston but it is stock compression ratio. can i machine the head down to raise the compression? if i can, how much do i machine off? i would like to be in the 9:1 or 9.5:1 range, possibly higher, but at least that much would be nice. thanks in advance guys. i apreciate the feedback.

Vealmonkey
04-02-2009, 11:56 PM
You should really go towards the top of the page and in search, enter your question and see what pops up. This has been covered several times. But to put it bluntly, you can't do it. If you machine down your head, it changes the all the geometry and it makes it damn near impossible to use your stock cam chain. It changes the distance of you cam chain lobes and it would probably lead to your cam chain not fitting and not being able to be adjusted. Cause and effect. Either be happy with the stock compression or keep shopping or spend some big money to get the proper parts. Good luck with you search.