PDA

View Full Version : 200X stroker motor...

freaksfix
04-02-2009, 08:27 AM
Anyone know anything about the older 200X 5 mil stroker motors? Ive bought a 84 200x motor that has a stroked crank with a shortend rod and a 5 mil spacer plate. This guy use to race and build 200X's for Team Honda. He said his name is Tommy Gann (i think), anyone remeber him? I was never one to keep up with names of the old racers, i cant even remember names of people i meet yesterday.. The motor is still in the mail but here is the spacer plate.. He said the motor needs gone threw cause the rod beaering is questionable, but its got the stroked lobes and takes a stock 200X rod, so its got the hard to find parts I just need to be rebuild the crank. The head is junk but also has a bigger cam.. Its too bad i sold my Phase Five Pipe and 30mil carb, along with my 200X it would have been a good match.. Maybe I can talk my brother into building this stroker motor for his X race bike, if not maybe i'll find another 200X or maybe just sell it..

AutoXer
04-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Parts whore.... LOL nice score. This looks like something that a real stroker motor should have in it

200x Basket
04-02-2009, 09:09 AM
i have one!!! i have never ran it but it has the spacer and a mega cam in it.

freaksfix
04-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Parts whore.... LOL nice score. This looks like something that a real stroker motor should have in it

Oh,, its the real deal.. Right from an ex team honda racer and mechanic, he said he had built tons of these motors, and did alot of test riding for 3wheeling.. He had also told me he won the national ice race here in NY back in 85 (i think it was) cant remember what lake he said tho.. You want dibs on it if Scott dont want it.. I just got it cause it was cool, I dont have anything to put it in...

Vealmonkey
04-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Freaks, you might have a mix and match set of parts. Usually with strokers, if you have the shortened rods, you don't need the "stroker plate". That must be a radical stroke to have both. If you are thinking of unloading it, give me a yell first. I should be able to do something with it. I've got a couple 200x goodies sitting on the shelf too. It would force me to build that missle kit flat tracker I've been thinking of. If I had one of greenhumans laydown 200x blocks, I'd have to build that up for my suspension 70. Wouldn't that be crazy. And the person I think you are referring to is Tommy Gaian. Nice guy and ex racer from back in the day. I've bought some goodies off of him. Let me know about the engine.

freaksfix
04-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Freaks, you might have a mix and match set of parts. Usually with strokers, if you have the shortened rods, you don't need the "stroker plate". That must be a radical stroke to have both. If you are thinking of unloading it, give me a yell first. I should be able to do something with it. I've got a couple 200x goodies sitting on the shelf too. It would force me to build that missle kit flat tracker I've been thinking of. If I had one of greenhumans laydown 200x blocks, I'd have to build that up for my suspension 70. Wouldn't that be crazy. And the person I think you are referring to is Tommy Gaian. Nice guy and ex racer from back in the day. I've bought some goodies off of him. Let me know about the engine.

Yes your right.. Im sitting here trying to remember all of the consation we had.. Thats what he had said, with the spacer plate and stroked crank is what made it a stroker and they were the hard parts to find, he said it takes a stock 200X rod (length) the stroke was in the pin location..

Any idea on what to do about a timming chain? I havent asked him yet but I plan on it..

Oh,, i scored some of the BAPP vented dip sticks like youve got.. Ever since I seen the pics you put of those I wanted one so bad,, now ive got four...:Bounce

AutoXer
04-02-2009, 08:49 PM
You did want to try and destroy a auto clutch ....... I can't think of a better way ... is the piston a 12:1? I have that extra frame. I decided that I don't want a stroked motor for my bike

200x Basket
04-02-2009, 09:32 PM
here is mine.

I started it up today and it smokes worse then a two stroke!!! the owner told me that the bore is so large that it diplaced one of the o-rings. who knows. there is a spacer plate below the cylinder and one behind the cam.

i may tear it apart in a couple months just to see what is in there.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/LuvNStarGazn/3wheeler/200xracer2_0302.jpg

AutoXer
04-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Must scream with those tires and a stroker ... and look at the tiny sproket ... and lightened chain cover ... very neat 200x

200x Basket
04-02-2009, 10:36 PM
thanks. i want to get to it one day. i have a lot of cool parts for it. fox shock, westcoast swinger, fiberglass rear fenders, extended axle, mint OEM seat, and more.

freaksfix
04-03-2009, 07:31 AM
I recall reading about a spacer plate behind the cam on a 200X at one point. I beleive it was used when the head got tore up and you upgrades to a cam with bearings on it..

The frame by the main rear motor mount has been drilled too, anything else? Thats a very cool bike Basket..

WIkid500
04-03-2009, 04:33 PM
The spacer plate behind the cam is most likely a megacycle cam and dual bearing set up. I can take pic's of mine next weekend when I go home to install my new megacycle cam.

I like the stroker setup with the spacer plate. Doing it that way avoids the extreme rod angles and allows for more power and longer piston life.

Shorty
06-18-2010, 07:17 PM
here is mine.

I started it up today and it smokes worse then a two stroke!!! the owner told me that the bore is so large that it diplaced one of the o-rings. who knows. there is a spacer plate below the cylinder and one behind the cam.

i may tear it apart in a couple months just to see what is in there.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d124/LuvNStarGazn/3wheeler/200xracer2_0302.jpg

200X stroker motor...
Anyone know anything about the older 200X 5 mil stroker motors? Ive bought a 84 200x motor that has a stroked crank with a shortend rod and a 5 mil spacer plate. This guy use to race and build 200X's for Team Honda. He said his name is Tommy Gann (i think), anyone remeber him? I was never one to keep up with names of the old racers, i cant even remember names of people i meet yesterday.. The motor is still in the mail but here is the spacer plate.. He said the motor needs gone threw cause the rod beaering is questionable, but its got the stroked lobes and takes a stock 200X rod, so its got the hard to find parts I just need to be rebuild the crank. The head is junk but also has a bigger cam.. Its too bad i sold my Phase Five Pipe and 30mil carb, along with my 200X it would have been a good match.. Maybe I can talk my brother into building this stroker motor for his X race bike, if not maybe i'll find another 200X or maybe just sell it..

Freaks and basket. At the moment I'm looking for 2 1st gen 200x modified stroker motors. SO if you one of you (or both of you) want to sell the motors to me send me a pm.

And Yes I know this is kinda a old thread.

shortline10
06-18-2010, 07:27 PM
HUmmmmm:wondering I wonder what happened to that motor:lol::naughty: LOL

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?100788-200x-stroker-motor-Piece-of-History&highlight=

Shorty
06-18-2010, 07:41 PM
HUmmmmm:wondering I wonder what happened to that motor:lol::naughty: LOL

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?100788-200x-stroker-motor-Piece-of-History&highlight=

You bought that motor from freaks? Man I need to be ALOT quicker with cash at hand.lol. Well since you own it now how much would you take for it? It would be going in a bike that would be flat tract a few times a year or more.

shortline10
06-18-2010, 08:37 PM
You bought that motor from freaks? Man I need to be ALOT quicker with cash at hand.lol. Well since you own it now how much would you take for it? It would be going in a bike that would be flat tract a few times a year or more.

I guess you didnt read the thread . Freaks never followed threw with the deal so I picked it up . EX team honda rider Tommy Gaian sold it to me .

Shorty
06-18-2010, 09:03 PM
I guess you didnt read the thread . Freaks never followed threw with the deal so I picked it up . EX team honda rider Tommy Gaian sold it to me .

Well I skimmed through it just to see the finished product. lol. But are you interested in selling it? I'm selling off about 5 of my motorcycles so.....How's 400-920$ sound?

shortline10
06-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Well I skimmed through it just to see the finished product. lol. But are you interested in selling it? I'm selling off about 5 of my motorcycles so.....How's 400-920$ sound?

The motor has been sold and it went for more than $920.oo LOL

Shorty
06-18-2010, 09:28 PM
The motor has been sold and it went for more than $920.oo LOL

What?! To who?

shortline10
06-18-2010, 09:56 PM
What?! To who?

The new owner is a board member here and when he is ready to show it off I'm sure you'll see it LOL .

Dirtcrasher
06-18-2010, 10:06 PM
I betn his last name rhymes with felt-key :naughty:

blue27
06-18-2010, 10:22 PM

that was my guess,lol

Shorty
06-18-2010, 11:55 PM

Felt key? Could you just tell me what his name is please? I don't like to be messed around with.

Louis Mielke
06-19-2010, 12:04 AM
I wonder who in the world would have a cool old school race bike that needed an awesome old school engine to go in it. hmmm..

Have to be someone who would pony up the bucks when push came to shove. I'm sure it was well worth every penny he paid for it.

I remember that thread, just an awesome engine. Beautifully detailed, awesome cam, bored and stroked...240cc man oh man. That'll haul the mail.

HaggLE
06-19-2010, 02:02 AM
My father built a stroker crank for a 3 wheeler back in the day, he was a flat track racer in the early 80's. He had it in a 185s with a suspension kit (which he made himself).
The stroker he made was 66mm (+8.2mm) which was also converted to use the manual clutch. He used to run it with a 67mm arias piston making the capacity 233cc.
He sold the trike and motor to buy a 200x in about 83 but about 3 years ago he found it at a motorcycle repair shop and bought it back. Currently it is being restored to how it was back in the day.
Thought you guys would be interested in an aussie 3 wheeler racer story.

shortline10
06-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Way too funny :lol::lol::lol::beer:beer
Dont get upset shorty :cry: the new owner will spill the beans when he is ready .

Louis Mielke
06-19-2010, 08:37 AM
My father built a stroker crank for a 3 wheeler back in the day, he was a flat track racer in the early 80's. He had it in a 185s with a suspension kit (which he made himself).
The stroker he made was 66mm (+8.2mm) which was also converted to use the manual clutch. He used to run it with a 67mm arias piston making the capacity 233cc.
He sold the trike and motor to buy a 200x in about 83 but about 3 years ago he found it at a motorcycle repair shop and bought it back. Currently it is being restored to how it was back in the day.
Thought you guys would be interested in an aussie 3 wheeler racer story.

Awesome story HagglE! would love to see pics of that bike. Bet she looks oldschool cool

Dirtcrasher
06-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Felt key? Could you just tell me what his name is please? I don't like to be messed around with.

Leave it alone, the current owner will own it forever!!

Louis Mielke
06-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I bet whatever bike that one goes in will probably get willed to someone. Never sold though.

HaggLE
06-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Awesome story HagglE! would love to see pics of that bike. Bet she looks oldschool cool

Yeah well she is looking pretty oldschool at the moment... like its never had maintenance lol

Might try to get some pics tonight for you guys and ill start a new topic so I dont hijack this one

Aka_am
06-21-2010, 06:10 PM
I would love to have a 200x stroker motor! Well for the 2nd gens! This is awesome, cus it shares alot of the same stuff