PDA

View Full Version : City Trikers

Tecate250
04-01-2009, 06:23 PM
I am a red neck hic by far. Use to live in the city 17 years ago. Drove my big wheels around on the side walks. Moved into the country and fell in love with the real thing. Anyways. I see alot of you guys are from suburbs and bigger citys. How do you guys work on your machine and test ride them so they will hold up? I have the luxury of crossing the highway infront of my house and get right on the abanded railbed. I think you guys are the die harders.

rebel33382
04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
I ride mine in e city, just hoping a cop doesnt see me, always take a screwdriver and would say I was tuning it or some BS

KASEY
04-01-2009, 09:18 PM
i live in the heart of phoenix.. we have a 40 acre yard in the industrial area,,, the back 30 is dirt,,, so i hit it with the water truck and do my testing :)

ScottZJ
04-01-2009, 09:29 PM
I run mine around my really nice neighborhood having fun. But most all my neighbors know I had a badge and most of the LEO's are my friends or coworkers. hehehe

WIkid500
04-01-2009, 09:53 PM
My neighbor is a cop he has caught me in the act many of times ripping down the road. To this day he hasn't said a word and waves every time I see him :)

AutoXer
04-02-2009, 12:51 AM
I live in the city and there is a trail infront of my house .... I've seen cops several times when out and they just wave at me ... my wife on the other hand was riding up and down the road with no helmet on a smoking auto x and cops were by looking for her ... we got it back in the shed in time LOL

tbl
04-02-2009, 01:42 AM
There is a place in philly that the cops turn a blind eye too. Sort of an out of sight out of mind attitude. As long as you dont ride on the street to get there. People gather up on sunday and race quads, bikes, and go karts on a strip of street behind a printing mill. There are also a bunch of trails in an abandoned shipyard along the river. It is a pretty amazing sight for inside a city. Street and dirt racing all in the same unofficial zone.

85200xrider
04-02-2009, 09:32 AM
i usually just ride up and down my street...i live in a little "u" shaped dead end and the neighbors usually complain but the guy across the street has a police scanner and lets me know when the cops are on the way....i usually have it back in the yard before they show up and they have no proof i was riding other than in my own yard so they cant do anything about it.

bigpimpin
04-02-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm looking to hit the local golf course without getting caught!

Micahdogg
04-02-2009, 10:52 AM
We have a neighborhood with about 60 acres in the middle (kinda of bottom land that you can't do much with). Consequently, each generation of kids that grow up around here manage to get their hands on some motor driven vehicle to play with in those woods. So all the neighbors have been pretty well conditioned to hearing the noise of chainsaws (and now thumpers) jamming out back there for the past 30 years.

As long as I'm somewhat mindful of the noise....I can ride all around the neighborhood (or access the trails just two turns from my driveway.) When jetting, I prefer to keep it in the neighborhood just to avoid getting all dirty.

aldochina
04-02-2009, 11:05 AM
I'm looking to hit the local golf course without getting caught!

we used to have to cross the golf course to get to the trails, they get pissed, I dont blame them, the amount they put into keeping the grounds nice. As long as your not tearing the place up, and doing donuts on the greens.

Tecate250
04-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Any pics of that abandend ship yard? That would be a bomb spot to ride.

ATC-Eric
04-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Build in the garage, and test and ride no less then 1 1/2 hours away in any direction. Wont ride in my neighborhood, dont want to piss off the neighbors, for just a spin around the block.

Kryten
04-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Build in the garage, and test and ride no less then 1 1/2 hours away in any direction. Wont ride in my neighborhood, dont want to piss off the neighbors, for just a spin around the block.

That about sums it up for me as well.

tbl
04-03-2009, 01:56 AM
Here are a few pics i took. Its right between I95 and the delaware river. There is a CSX yard and a quarry near by as well, but they aren't as willing to ignore you. You can ride all the way out on the piers as well as under the trestle bridge for the old coal ships.
The ben franklin bridge is in the background of the last picture. If you search for 'beach st' on youtube there are some videos of people riding. Its a pretty unique spot. A shame it going to be redeveloped in the next few years.