PDA

View Full Version : Can i get some advice on USPS international shipping?

Hoosier_Daddy
04-01-2009, 05:20 PM
I shipped a package to Ireland. I sent it on Feb 24. Here it is April 1st and the guy still hasn't received it. The lady behind the counter, at the post office said they no longer offer airmail and said I have to send it first class. She told me it would be a week or so for shipping. Well, over a month later the guy still doesn't have it? What the hell? The kicker is, USPS will not allow insurance for first class international packages. Is that a way to cover their asses when they lose a package?

Anybody else have any experience with this type of shipping? Is it normal to take this long? I'm afraid I'm going to end up refunding over $200, that i don't have to this guy and I'm out my money and my items. Pissed off doesn't begin to describe what I'm feeling right now.

I'm officially DONE sending international.

killerklown
04-01-2009, 05:29 PM
You should have a customs receipt to prove you shipped it. NEVER throw out a shipping recepit!!! I had a guy on ebay trying to screw me over, demanding proof of shipment like 6 months later, and paypal was going to grant it. I found the slip buried in my desk.
Back on topic: I've shipped several international packages, seems like the last couple were extra slow. About three weeks to get across the pond. I know what you are feeling right now...

nd4speed
04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
I thought international is automatically insured up to a certain amount. There should also be a tracking number, but they usually don't provide much info.

I have sent USPS all over the world from Guam to Japan and never had a problem.
Most recently was a clutch cover to Belgium for a member on here. I believe it took less than 21 days.

The guy may just be trying to rip you off. You know you sent it. You'll probably end up in a Paypal dispute which often does not end well for the seller.

killerklown
04-01-2009, 05:31 PM
I think after this last round of auctions I held on Ebay, I will sell elsewhere, and close my paypal account. To much potential to get ripped off, especially with paypal... When I recieve a money order and it clears, I will ship my items, and the receipt gets filed. Done deal.

Hoosier_Daddy
04-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I have my reciept. When I type in the tracking number, it just shows that it was sent on Feb 24. No info after that. I have proof that it was sent but if they lost the package, that doesn't satisfy the buyer. And he is a member on here and so far a really nice guy about all this BS.

Howdy
04-01-2009, 07:28 PM
I have my reciept. When I type in the tracking number, it just shows that it was sent on Feb 24. No info after that. I have proof that it was sent but if they lost the package, that doesn't satisfy the buyer. And he is a member on here and so far a really nice guy about all this BS.

Get a copy of the receipt and then take the original to the post office and have them track it. They have a better set up and can better track packages. I had a lost package and the post office was the one that told me it would be a few more days until delivery. 2 days later it was there.

It might also be possible the package is stuck in customs. Have the buyer call them and see if it is there ( I had one of them ordeals as well ).
Howdy

Hoosier_Daddy
04-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Get a copy of the receipt and then take the original to the post office and have them track it. They have a better set up and can better track packages. I had a lost package and the post office was the one that told me it would be a few more days until delivery. 2 days later it was there.

It might also be possible the package is stuck in customs. Have the buyer call them and see if it is there ( I had one of them ordeals as well ).
HowdyI do have my receipt, I always keep that stuff, and I'll take your advice and take it to the post office. I was planning on doing that anyway, but this gives me a little ray of hope since you had some success.

petesatc
04-02-2009, 04:31 AM
I shipped a package to Ireland. I sent it on Feb 24. Here it is April 1st and the guy still hasn't received it. The lady behind the counter, at the post office said they no longer offer airmail and said I have to send it first class. She told me it would be a week or so for shipping. Well, over a month later the guy still doesn't have it? What the hell? The kicker is, USPS will not allow insurance for first class international packages. Is that a way to cover their asses when they lose a package?

Anybody else have any experience with this type of shipping? Is it normal to take this long? I'm afraid I'm going to end up refunding over $200, that i don't have to this guy and I'm out my money and my items. Pissed off doesn't begin to describe what I'm feeling right now.

I'm officially DONE sending international.

Man did you send them to Ireland???? i live in the UK not Ireland????

bigpimpin
04-02-2009, 09:15 AM
your mistake was first class international. if you would have shipped usps priority or express, either would have had tracking. USPS uses Fedex for their priority and express internationals. if the payment to you was made paypal your screwed. Paypal does not cover any international payment to the sellers anyway its in the fine print. chances are the parcel was received he paid paypal and will put in a dispute for a refund in which he will win. if that sounds about right you got burned bro