PDA

View Full Version : honda 200e went down on me

playkyle2
04-01-2009, 01:45 PM
i have a honda 200e im haven problems outta it and dont know what it is i was riden it yesterday and i was going down the trail on the way back to the house after riden all day and it just liked boged down on me so i gave it gas and it acted like it wanted to die it sounds like trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro i checked the air breather its fine cleaned the carbs today changed the spark plug i have no ideal what it can be i put it in gear and it wont go anywere please help me out on what it can be other then that its been a good running 3 wheeler till now

Macs
04-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Welcome, fellow houstonian.

Have you checked compression? Maybe a leaking intake boot? Fuel filter clogged? It could be alot.

Erics350x
04-01-2009, 02:48 PM
First remove the fuel line and turn on the valve and see if you have good fuel flow.
Then, pull the cdi cover and remove the rotor, the pin may have came out or spun.
Does it still have spark?

playkyle2
04-01-2009, 04:37 PM
yea it does have good compression have good fuel flow air breather is good condition carbs is getting good fuel flow

oscarmayer
04-01-2009, 06:49 PM
what's your fuel level? if mine is too low mine bogs.

playkyle2
04-01-2009, 07:03 PM
fuel tank is full i pulled the cdi cover off then the rotor and sure enough the 2 little springs were broke on the advancer spark so im gonna replace that and see if that fixes my problem

playkyle2
04-01-2009, 08:03 PM
UPDATE............i replaced the 2 springs on the advancer spark put everything back on fired it up sounds a little more better but not really i had the air filter off spraying some carb cleaner and i notice every now n then it was shooting flams outta the carb into the air box aswell out of the end of the muffler it sounds kinda like back firing i put in gear it bearly goes i roll about 2 foot and then it stops

Erics350x
04-02-2009, 12:26 AM
You still have cdi problems, pull the rotor and see if the pin is in there. Or just replace the whole set up.

playkyle2
04-02-2009, 02:41 AM
yea im not really seeing no pin in there and to replace the whole set up are u talking about the spark advancer?

Autophysn
04-02-2009, 03:26 AM
haha, I thought you ment something else according to your title

:blush:

oscarmayer
04-02-2009, 03:39 PM
lol ^ me 2!!!!

hey if you need a cam pin let me know I have 3 of them. you can have it if u want it. Then you shoudl eb good to go. remvoe the bolt int he middle of the cam shaft and pull the advancer and see if the cam pin hole is round or worn and oval. if it's oval, time for new cam. if it's round another pin will fix it. if you need anotehr cam, get a 200x cam. bolts in and more power! jsut up the jet form a 95 to a 100 and set the pin to the 2nd fro the top instead of the middle.

playkyle2
04-04-2009, 01:07 AM
okay sounds good i went ahead and got a spark advancer cuz my last ones the springs were broke in it so i got another one just waiting for it to come in the mail should be here soon im gonna check that pin out 2 but ill let yall know how it turns out hopefully thats it

oscarmayer
04-04-2009, 03:11 PM
ok, cool. keep us posted.

playkyle2
04-06-2009, 09:18 PM
got the spark advancer in today put it on the bike fired up and runs perfect better then before ohh and the pin was fine thanks for yalls help with out yall i would have still been beating my head against the wall trying to figure out whats wrong but like i said thanks.............

tanks350x
04-06-2009, 10:22 PM
not appropriate

Did you ask,,, Help me Rhonda, help, help me Rhonda???? :lol::naughty: :naughty: