PDA

View Full Version : Anyone See Rims that sold on Ebay

Just-Tri-It
04-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Did anyone see the set of used rear chrome rims that sold on ebay a month or so ago, that were chrome with red striping on the inside of them. Just wondering if they are available anywhere else. Would have looked pretty good on a 350x I thought but the auction ended while I was at work. Haven't seen that type before. Chrome with red stripes on the inside.
Thanks

3wheelrider
04-01-2009, 08:10 AM
i didnt see the auction- but i believe your talkin' about the turbo wheels from the early 80's. (vealmonkey was selling). i was just asking about these a few days ago. aint seen em' since i was very young. good luck finding some!!!!!!!dont know how food they look on a 350x:lol: -just kidding- you posted food instead of good.

Just-Tri-It
04-01-2009, 08:27 AM
i didnt see the auction- but i believe your talkin' about the turbo wheels from the early 80's. (vealmonkey was selling). i was just asking about these a few days ago. aint seen em' since i was very young. good luck finding some!!!!!!!dont know how food they look on a 350x:lol: -just kidding- you posted food instead of good.

Thanks for the spelling tip and info.

3wheelrider
04-01-2009, 08:38 AM
no problem man.:cool:

freaksfix
04-01-2009, 11:21 AM
yes they are VERY tough to come by and cheep eiither, ive got a set for my drag bike.. they are 2 peice rims, not very common for the 350X..

Just-Tri-It
04-01-2009, 06:47 PM
What atc were the rim originally intended for. What do they work best on? I just thought the red design in it would look good on a 350x or any with red plastic. Is there a benefit to a two piece rim like that?
Thanks

trizilla
04-01-2009, 06:58 PM
those rims your speaking of were 3x100 bolt pattern. atc 70,90 and possibly early 250r. i guess they could have went on a tri moto with that lug pattern too. they were BAPP wheels, slightly different than the turbo rims. i have a full set of the turbo's in red. it wont be to long and you'll see them show up on a big bore 110 or a suspended 185.