PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Can't get lock nut off of shock perch!!!

kilabeez0
07-16-2003, 07:59 PM
How the hell do u get the lock nut off when it's REALLY on there? I used PB Blaster, and put the shock in a vice and tried chiseling it off with a hammer and screw driver, then I tried a big pipe wrench. Nothing will budge this bad boy. Anyone have any tips?

BLAZERONE22
07-16-2003, 11:15 PM
Sears sells a nut spliter that will split it in two, best 15 bucks I've ever spent.

Dirtcrasher
07-17-2003, 10:12 AM
You can dremel it some and then chisel it off.

kilabeez0
07-17-2003, 06:11 PM
I guess i'll have to do that, i didn't want to destroy it though. I just wanted to take the spring off to paint it. O well, I guess I"ll chalk that up as another thing broken on this POS resto. I wonder if it's even worth it :rolleyes:

Dirtcrasher
07-17-2003, 08:22 PM
I guess i'll have to do that, i didn't want to destroy it though. I just wanted to take the spring off to paint it. O well, I guess I"ll chalk that up as another thing broken on this POS resto. I wonder if it's even worth it :rolleyes:

Did you mean the preload nut like your trying to take off the spring to paint it?? I thought you meant mounting bolt, but even still - I have carefully dremeled nuts in very critical places and not damaged the threads below - just have to be slow and steady.