PDA

View Full Version : 1983 200E part sources / add'l advise

nxcj
03-30-2009, 09:32 PM
New guy. Great place and I've been searching and reading for four days straight.

My trike history in 30 seconds:

I hadn't been on a three wheeler since I had my brand new 1984 125M (fun bike for an 11 year old). (cousin had an 82 250R that we pounded on as well)

Last week I ran across an 82 200E and thought it would be fun on my acreage. Well, that lead to finding a parts rig in the 83 that I bought the next day (with a junk motor). I've got $400 in both which seems fairly reasonable.

The 82 has a 200 (non-big red) motor, which runs good. Trike is just a jackpot of misc. years and models.

Anyway, on to the point of my post. The 83 turned out to be a runner, after I wrenched on it for an afternoon. I'm currently diagnosing electric starter, sub-tranny, and clutch issues.

What I found out today: The brain trust that last had this apart left out the washer from behind the starter gear, allowing the gear to rub on the timing chain adjuster. MAIN QUESTION OF MY RAMBLING: Can anyone tell me a source for just the washer (I'd make one on the lathe if I can find the required thickness) ?

I also determined that the gears stripped in the sub-tranny were caused because the same idiot left washers out of here as well, allowing the gears to shift back and forth. Ebay unit is on its way....

leevarnado
03-30-2009, 09:37 PM
service honda should sell the washers.i just looked,about $1.30 each.

Erics350x
03-30-2009, 09:56 PM
I've got a good bottom end from a 83 200e that i'll sell for cheap or part if you need it.

nxcj
03-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Huh, simple enough source. Guess I'm too used to dealing with old vehicles where dealers don't supply much anymore!

Thanks.

Eric, If I run in to more serious problems, I'll keep you in mind.

oscarmayer
03-30-2009, 11:14 PM
eric, how much? I'd like a 200e bottom end for the wife's autox i want to do up.