PDA

View Full Version : 200e,shift with alot of play

leevarnado
03-28-2009, 03:17 PM
i got another trike today(not the 200x that was yesterday,lol)it is a 200e.runs good,needs good bit of work.shifts through all gears,but there is alot of play from neutral to first,about 1 1/2 inches of play.whats causing this.could it be the clutch gone bad.

atc500x
03-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Clutch adjustement....play with the bolt on the clutch cover.Not sure but I think it's the problem

leevarnado
03-28-2009, 06:31 PM
done that,doesnt do anything when i loosen or tighten it.

oscarmayer
03-29-2009, 12:35 PM
clutch is worn or wearing, or thgey put in a heavy duty clutch and this causes loose neutral. both my 200e and the 200s I redid with versae heavy duty clutchs and springs caused this. but i'll tell ya they sure grab like a mofo!

to see if it's a bad clutch rev up some in neutral and pop it into 1st. also try launching it hard to see if it slips or goes.

Dirtcrasher
03-29-2009, 01:29 PM
I'd pop off some side covers and watch things work before I condemn the clutch myself.....

nxcj
03-29-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm diagnosing, what sounds like, the exact same issue with my 200e. My clutch adjusting bolt is frozen, so the thoughts that the problem resides here makes a little sense. I'm pulling the side cover this afternoon, so we'll see.

I also have an issue with my electric starter catching, then missing and and making a crunch. Cover is off and there is no visible issue with the gears. I'm guessing that the one way gear on the back of the flywheel may be at fault.

Related to the post, there is zero play in my tranny main shaft.

Also found the stripped gear in my sub tranny. Glad I only paid $150.00!!

oscarmayer
03-29-2009, 10:25 PM
^ doh!

-------------------

on any of my trikes i have worked on that have a stuck adjusting bolt, it's usually due to a bad clutch and the knucklehead before me tried to force the clutch to hold. this acutally causes it to wear faster.